Exodus Error "Check log file..." BH3.0.3.I Kodi OnlineUpdate

menace404

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All. I am experiencing a problem with Exodus add on in Kodi Krypton since updating to Black Hole 3.0.3.I Kodi Online Update. Exodus worked perfectly before on version H of the Black Hole image but since updating to version I it wont work.
I have gone through all the suggestion outlined in a previous post about this Exodus issue in this forum but nothing seems to work. All other addons are working great, showbox, icefilms etc etc.
I have deleted the addon, deleted the fusion source in file manager, installed indigo addon to do a complete factory reset of kodi on my VU+ UNO 4K. Re configured everything and still no luck, I still get the Exodus error.
Any help would be appreciated as the missus watches all her shows on this addon and I am getting heat!

No luck with the telnet command: opkg install python-profile

I even tried this one also but still the error pop up occurs when trying to launch exodus.
opkg install python-pkgutil

No luck with the telnet command: opkg install python-profile

I even tried this one also but still the error pop up occurs when trying to launch exodus.

On which box you tested.
I have tested with VU + Ultimo 4k with BH image and NO error after

opkg install python-profile

Perhaps you miss more python files.
It depends on what you have installed on the box.

LOG ??

/tmp/kodi/kodi.log

Last edited:
Hi, I have a VU+ UNO 4K receiver. Everything was working perfectly while I was on version "H" until I executed the BH online update to version "I".
I tried reviewing the log but there are quite alot of entries and it is hard to determine where/what is causing the error.

Hi, I have a VU+ UNO 4K receiver. Everything was working perfectly while I was on version "H" until I executed the BH online update to version "I".
I tried reviewing the log but there are quite alot of entries and it is hard to determine where/what is causing the error.

Is not,delete log and make new log if you start addon.
I have the same verison Black Hole I and online updated .

addon also working on UNO 4K tested on USB stick and BH image

Install image
Install Kodi
add exodus repository from fusion.
Enable in system>>Add-ons>> Unknown sources
install TVADDONS.ag Libraries Repository
(you have to install Libraries first Exodus repository>>Add-on repository, exit Kodi and start Kodi agn)
install exodus from exodus repository >> Video add-ons
install python-profile

telnet command:

Last edited:
I have flashed back my Vu+ Uno4k to BH 3.xx G and got the same error.

The problem was in here:
21:04:13 T:3043250176 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.exodus/
21:04:13 T:3043250176 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.exodus/) failed
21:04:19 T:2291135520 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named cProfile
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/root/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.exodus/exodus.py", line 62, in <module>
from resources.lib.indexers import navigator
File "/home/root/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.exodus/resources/lib/indexers/navigator.py", line 25, in <module>
from resources.lib.modules import trakt
File "/home/root/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.exodus/resources/lib/modules/trakt.py", line 27, in <module>
from resources.lib.modules import client
File "/home/root/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.exodus/resources/lib/modules/client.py", line 27, in <module>
from resources.lib.modules import log_utils
File "/home/root/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.exodus/resources/lib/modules/log_utils.py", line 19, in <module>
import cProfile
ImportError: No module named cProfile
-->End of Python script error report<--
21:04:19 T:3043250176 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.exodus/
21:04:19 T:3043250176 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.exodus/) failed

After installing the package you mentioned it worked like a charm!

root@vuuno4k:~# opkg install python-pkgutil
root@vuuno4k:~# opkg install python-profile

21:07:05 T:3043573760 NOTICE: ActiveAE DSP - starting
21:07:05 T:3043573760 NOTICE: initialize done
21:07:05 T:3043573760 NOTICE: Running the application...
21:07:05 T:3043573760 NOTICE: starting zeroconf publishing
21:07:05 T:3043573760 NOTICE: starting upnp client
21:07:05 T:3043573760 WARNING: no keymap support (requires /dev/tty0 - CONFIG_VT)
21:07:05 T:2326496288 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 127.0.0.1:9777
21:07:05 T:2326496288 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
21:07:06 T:2388861984 ERROR: customConvert: iconv_open() for "CP1252" -> "UTF-8" failed, errno = 22 (Invalid argument)
21:07:06 T:2419467296 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
21:07:06 T:2419467296 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Startup: detected Jarvis (Kodi-16.1), setting DASH_SUPPORT_BUILTIN = False, DASH_SUPPORT_ADDON = False
21:07:06 T:2411078688 NOTICE: INDIGO NOTICE: STARTING INDIGO SERVICE
21:07:06 T:2411078688 NOTICE: INDIGO NOTICE: Indigo has NOT ran before
21:07:06 T:2411078688 NOTICE: INDIGO NOTICE: Auto Main Turned off
21:07:06 T:2411078688 NOTICE: INDIGO NOTICE: SCRIPT BLOCKER ON
21:07:06 T:2411078688 NOTICE: INDIGO NOTICE: Checking for Malicious scripts

Hi all, success. I got it working. I had to re flash my vu+ uno 4k back to BH 3.X.X VERSION H. I then configured kodi and had to go one step further and install the following by telnet:

opkg install python-sqlite3
opkg install python-json

Thanks for all I the help. Looks like I will be keeping it at version H from now on.

Hi all, success. I got it working. I had to re flash my vu+ uno 4k back to BH 3.X.X VERSION H. I then configured kodi and had to go one step further and install the following by telnet:

opkg install python-sqlite3
opkg install python-json

Thanks for all I the help. Looks like I will be keeping it at version H from now on.

Nice

But my installation ,it went without these additional python files.

I installed clean BH image today on my uno 4K and made directly image update (BH 3.0.3.I)
I did not install anything on the clean image
except Kodi and python-profile to have Exodus working. (as I wrote)
The same goes for Ultimo 4K ( I have tested )
Perhaps some of Python that you installed are required for other addons,but not for Exodus.

Thanks to all of you. Im on Solo 4K , BH 3.0.3.I and "opkg install python-profile" work well.
My nightmare ended.

I have also verified it. You can do BH online upgrade and after that Kodi v17 works fine with Exodus after installing the aforementioned libraries.

Cheers

Nice

But my installation ,it went without these additional python files.

I installed clean BH image today on my uno 4K and made directly image update (BH 3.0.3.I)
I did not install anything on the clean image
except Kodi and python-profile to have Exodus working. (as I wrote)
The same goes for Ultimo 4K ( I have tested )
Perhaps some of Python that you installed are required for other addons,but not for Exodus.

I have same problem with vu+duo2

who con me solve it?

addon also working on UNO 4K tested on USB stick and BH image

Install image
Install Kodi
add exodus repository from fusion.
Enable in system>>Add-ons>> Unknown sources
install TVADDONS.ag Libraries Repository
(you have to install Libraries first Exodus repository>>Add-on repository, exit Kodi and start Kodi agn)
install exodus from exodus repository >> Video add-ons
install python-profile

telnet command:

Works for VU+ Zero 4K also. Thanks !

This worked very good on my exodus 2017. Now we have another version exodus redux 2018. I did the same thing that I did on 2017 but not results. any advice. please
using Vu+solo se open black hole. kodi 17.6

Back