Solo4K file system issue and warranty service repudiation

Zuka70

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

I have a problem with my Solo4K, BH 3.0.2F image. During watching TV, box was frozen and after reboot, start from the initial setup screen, with previously manually assigned IP address. During telnet, ALL files were in read only mode.

Sent box to warranty the service said, that “the bootloader got crushed because you took the usb stick out during the flashing procedure. That means, that we cant handle it under Warranty.”

I did not remove USB flash during operations, tried to upload new BH image into box, but flashing took not more than 1 minutes, box restarted by itself and again startup screen, sat. channels were scanned, but can not be stored into box, as all internal storage was read only.

Please advice, seller is asking me to pay for DHL back
Thank you

Ask satshop how the bootloader could be crushed, and still have telnet capability? Seems the box would not start if the bootloader was bad.
Ask satshop to show you where in warranty that this is not covered IF it were the problem. I see no warranty information at all on their website.

They seem to act like the box is destroyed and has no value by what you hove posted. I am pretty sure the bootloader can be restored fairly easy by someone that knows what they are doing.

Back