3.0.4.D: why BH usb dvb-t compatibility has to suck?

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
I say this with no sense of entitlement.

Explain it like I’m a 6 years old.

I get that ARM is a new architecture but it’s been ages since the Solo 4K came out.

The latest experimental builds of the OE-3.0 based original OI Vu+ firmware (found at code.vuplus.com) have good dvb-t support (they support avermedia A867 with AF9035 drivers, for example, and also dib0070 devices like Sony SCEH-0036).

BH is based upon the original firmware. Why, even in the lastest build

Firmware: BlackHole 3.0.4.D
Build: 2017-10-23-master
DVB drivers: 20171101.r0
Kernel version: 3.14.28

does dvb-t usb compatibility suck? (basically, only Vu+ Turbo dvb-T2 works, and probably you can’t even use two of those at once)

Also, if it is possible to do
- all dvb-t PiP
- all dvb-t Quad PiP
- 4 dvb-t recordings

why is it not possible to have dvb-t Fast Channel Change that actually works? Looks like the decoder can tune 4 dvb-t channels no problem.

I feel like dvb-t is a second class citizen, and also radio by the way. (imagine a 12-channels mosaic of sat/dtt/ip radio stations with proper amazing screensaver options, or radio as a floating infobar to listen while watching tv muted)

All of this knowing fully that developing BH is a hobby and with no entitlement on my part.

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
I also thought I could at least add a network dvb-t tuner via Sat>Ip client, but nope, BH doesn’t find my Digital Devices Octopus Net.

OBH finds it no problem and works like a charm.

One thing I noticed is that while searching for the Sat>Ip server they read
BH: “Searching for 2 seconds..”
OBH: “Searching for 5 seconds..”

Not sure what’s that about.

Oh, and also OBH perfectly works with all my USB tuners (including Vu+ Turbo, which was sometimes reported not to work with OBH in the past), after installing the proper drivers from the amazing OBH plugin feed.

Basically I just need FCC on OBH.
Or good usb dvb-t compatibility on BH.

Last edited:

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
And by the way this is super important in the current and upcoming line up

Uno 4K
Uno 4K SE
Zero 4K

All ARM and all with no internal dvb-t tuner (for 99% of the users anyway, maybe 1% will buy the internal dvb-t version).

3 out of 5 vu+ ARM decoders absolutely need good usb dvb-t compatibility, because there’s no room for internal dvb-t.

krime

Vu+ User
The latest experimental builds of the OE-3.0 based original OI Vu+ firmware (found at code.vuplus.com) have good dvb-t support (they support avermedia A867 with AF9035 drivers, for example, and also dib0070 devices like Sony SCEH-0036).
Sorry you were able to run the A867?
How did you do.