This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020. The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost. We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years. You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.

4K Movies Playback on Kodi

kosmani

Vu+ Newbie
4K movies cannot be decoded on my Vu Uno 4K, Kodi 17, Bh 3.0.5. When tried the same movies on my Laptop Kodi 18, they play just fine!

Any solution?!

Thnx
 
Why on earth one should use the absurd kodi to do a simple thing like playing a file? Even if BH is not simple like OBH at playing files in any subfolder or external devices, you still have the chance on installing EMC (Enhanced Movie Center) that makes possible to browse folders and devices.
Kodi is the office for complication of simple affairs (in my opinion).
If, instean, you'll try OBH, EMC is not even so needed to play files wherever they are located.
 
I
Why on earth one should use the absurd kodi to do a simple thing like playing a file? Even if BH is not simple like OBH at playing files in any subfolder or external devices, you still have the chance on installing EMC (Enhanced Movie Center) that makes possible to browse folders and devices.
Kodi is the office for complication of simple affairs (in my opinion).
If, instean, you'll try OBH, EMC is not even so needed to play files wherever they are located.
Thanks for reply. I am not using Kodi to play files, but instead to play movies from Repositories.
 
Your information about the problem is very limited, maybe a break down of the whole issue would help.

What you have provided is as good as saying the STB works on Monday but not Wednesday.
 
Okay, sorry for that! I am trying to play 4K movies on my KODI 17.0 on BH 3.0.5. Other formats play just fine, such as 1080i, 720 etc. I am just wondering if the media player installed by default on BH 3.0.5 does not support 4k content!
 
Acually I have installed media player2 but I run out of talent when I tried to make it as default player of Kodi!
 
Back
Top