backing up images and settings

leejpinney

Vu+ Newbie
hi all

i have a question i have recently set up my vu solo took forever as im new to it all and i tried to do it all myself which i did with some help from guides from various forums

anyway if i backed up my image to usb pendrive can i then reuse all this to use in another box as my family wants one now they seen mine finished lol

basically will it save all settings plugins addons image ect ect ect then i can input to other boxes thanks

Providing both receivers are the same model.
You can also use software, like Dreamboxedit, available on the forum, to back up your channels, and Bouquets, which you can then transfer to other Enigma 2 receivers, including VU+ models.
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/dreamboxedit.18975/

This is also very useful if new versions, of Black Hole, are released, where you shouldn't use a backup.
Just set up a new folder, on your PC desktop, and name it Settings, default name, and location, for dreamboxedit.
Uncompress dreamboxedit, and install it.
Start up dreamboxedit, go to Tools, and click on Options.
Enter your receivers IP address, into the box, Network Settings, IP Address, and Test the IP connection.
If it works click Save, and then go to File, Fast FTP download, and this should download your channels, and Bouquets, off your receiver, whcih you can then save, edit, and send, back to your receiver, whenever needed.

thats great i thought you would be able to do this and thanks also for the other info all taken on board and saved this screen shot for future reference thanks :)

Back