beginner

ikben

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all

I just got my first dreambox today. I am good with computers but I don't know Linux very well.

My box is a DM800se with a 320 gig internal hard drive. It's pointing at Astra 2. I got most things to work, I can watch quite a few channels... but can anyone help me with a couple of issues I can't figure out?

First thing is that when I press pause I see a message that says 'timeshift not possible'.
Second thing is that some channels work, some give me a black screen, and some say 'tune failed'.

If anyone knows how to fix these, please chip in :-)

Cheers and happy new year.

Hi all

I just got my first dreambox today. I am good with computers but I don't know Linux very well.

My box is a DM800se with a 320 gig internal hard drive. It's pointing at Astra 2. I got most things to work, I can watch quite a few channels... but can anyone help me with a couple of issues I can't figure out?

First thing is that when I press pause I see a message that says 'timeshift not possible'.
Second thing is that some channels work, some give me a black screen, and some say 'tune failed'.

If anyone knows how to fix these, please chip in :)

Cheers and happy new year.

I'm quite suprprised to read your message. This is a Vu+ community Board and not a Dreambox board.
I think you are in the wrong board ....

I'm quite suprprised to read your message. This is a Vu+ community Board and not a Dreambox board.
I think you are in the wrong board ....

Uh huh - told you I was a beginner... I ended up here because there was a link from my box's management page. If you know a good place for me to ask my dumb questions then please feel free to enlighten me!

Uh huh - told you I was a beginner... I ended up here because there was a link from my box's management page. If you know a good place for me to ask my dumb questions then please feel free to enlighten me!

I usggest to sell your Dreambox and buy a Vu+ original box and you are welcome here :)
If you want to continue with your hardware, search into Google "board support dreambox"

Back