Best Tuner config for VU+ Duo

Duo2User666

Vu+ Newbie
Am running OpenVix Hades latest on a VU+ Duo2 quite happily.

In-fact it works too well and missus is complaining she cant record enough things.

I currently have a DUAL sat feed into the flat and a shared TV/RADIO face plate which i presume is single feed cable so i can only get single TV down it.

What is my best option? Put a internal TV RADIO tuner into free slot? Could i then additionally add a couple of USB Tuners with aerial built in?

Has anybody suggestions on good makes and models for both options and if there are any known problems. I saw mentioned the maximum tuners was 9 so presume total of 4 built in and possibly 2 USB would be no issue

Thanks

Duo2User666

Vu+ Newbie
Yes thats right Free to Air terrestrial internal and external. Have a dual satellite tuner at the moment internally but have no way of running additional cables, and presume there are no other options

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Then do you have to use an indoor terrestrial antenna?
Another option is to mix terrestrial antenna with the sat signal into the same cable.

Duo2User666

Vu+ Newbie
No i have a single feed providing TV and Radio from the aerial on the roof (Large block of flats). However any additional USB tuners would need to have an aerial as well

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
No, you need a simple and cheap terrestrial antenna splitter near the box to feed all the DVB-T/T2 tuners you have.

Duo2User666

Vu+ Newbie
Im so tired and brain is functioning so little i didnt even think, too used to thinking about LNB feeds. Ok separate question which are the best tuners and also with the Hybrid internal cards, can these be configured both for TV or is one purely for Radio:?

Duo2User666

Vu+ Newbie
And does that allow me to have 2 terrestrial TV feeds or is one Radio and one TV? as you said i can then just split my aerial cable and have 2 additional TV feeds - Thanks

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
That dual tuner has 1 input (RF-IN) that feeds both its tuners.
The dual tuner offers also a loop out connector (RF-OUT) to connect another receiver or a TV set.

Duo2User666

Vu+ Newbie
So i went ahead with the purchase and all works great thanks, except for one issue

When i am recording 2 channels then it is defaulting to use TunerA and TunerB the satellite connections. Which means i cannot watch anything on satellite. How do i change the configuration to default to TunerC if the channel is available, and only use TunerA and B if the channel is not available on C or C is already in use?

Thanks