BH Tuner Server vs Remote Channel Stream Converter

beka2

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone.

I have at the moment a Vu+Duo2 as a Server and I am wanting to add a few Vu+Zero as clients.
What are the differences between these two sharing methods ?

I found different info related to how many different channels I can share with RemoteChannel.... ??
What about Tuner Server, would it reserve a tuner per each client device? Could it use the tuner as if it was local?

Also, with RemoteChannel I didn't manage to transfer the EPG data for the client box, is there any special way of doing that?

Regards!

Hi everyone.

I have at the moment a Vu+Duo2 as a Server and I am wanting to add a few Vu+Zero as clients.
What are the differences between these two sharing methods ?

I found different info related to how many different channels I can share with RemoteChannel.... ??
What about Tuner Server, would it reserve a tuner per each client device? Could it use the tuner as if it was local?

Also, with RemoteChannel I didn't manage to transfer the EPG data for the client box, is there any special way of doing that?

Regards!
Both methods have the same goal and there are no difference about tuner management.
Tuner server generates m3u files and Remote Channel Stream Converter takes your favourites and places them, converted, directly into channel list.

I suggest RemoteChannel if you need the simple way to see TV from another Vu+ used as a client.

Ah great!

(a bit offtopic) Related to tuner management, would you be able to explain how does BH manage it?

What are its limitations? I read somewhere that we can only max 7 streams per tuner?
Is BH able to "recognize" channels from the same transponder and use it without need to go for 2nd tuner?
Would 4 tuners (2x dual) be enough for 7streams*4transponders or it isn't how this work (assuming no limitations on processing power)?

What is the best way of configure the tuners? Would it be a single connection to lbn for each tuner Input or what is the advantage of making a loop?

Regards.

Ah great!

(a bit offtopic) Related to tuner management, would you be able to explain how does BH manage it?

What are its limitations? I read somewhere that we can only max 7 streams per tuner?
Is BH able to "recognize" channels from the same transponder and use it without need to go for 2nd tuner?
Would 4 tuners (2x dual) be enough for 7streams*4transponders or it isn't how this work (assuming no limitations on processing power)?

What is the best way of configure the tuners? Would it be a single connection to lbn for each tuner Input or what is the advantage of making a loop?

Regards.
Enigma2 manages tuners.
If there are two requests for the same TP, Enigma2 uses one tuner. If there are two requests from two different TPs, Enigma2 try to allocate them to two different tuners.

Back