Can you use a VU+ box without a HDD?

Mils24

Vu+ Newbie
Hello guys

Is it possible to use a VU+ Duo 2 without an HDD?

Is the operating image saved to the flash memory or the HDD?

As far as Im aware as a newbie everything I need to get started doesn't need an HDD but please correct me if Im wrong:

Image (Openvix) - Flash memory built in
Autobouquets - Flash memory built in
****** - Flash memory built in
Cool TV guide - Flash memory built in

Cross EPG - USB
Picons - USB

Obviously I will not be able to record without an HDD or do any time shift functions but I am just wondering as my HDD is not going to arrive until the end of the week/early next week and I am wanting to set the box up asap.

Thanks

You don't need a hdd to use the receiver. The image is installed in the flash and for picons & epg a USB stick is perfect.

Sent from my OnePlus One

Hello guys

As far as Im aware as a newbie everything I need to get started doesn't need an HDD but please correct me if Im wrong:

Cross EPG - USB
Picons - USB

Obviously I will not be able to record without an HDD or do any time shift functions but I am just wondering as my HDD is not going to arrive until the end of the week/early next week and I am wanting to set the box up asap.

Thanks

I would ask you for reading our board rules --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html . It´s highly recommended that you read carefully them, before post. Thanks in advance.

Note: NO EMULATORS DISCUSSION IS ALLOWED HERE. §4 of board rules.

best regards
nunigaia

Hello guys

Cross EPG - USB
Picons - USB

Thanks
Banned.

So all those stars from his post were a forbidden word. I didn't realize it moderators, sorry.

Sent from my OnePlus One

Back