cant flash image

tori1690

Vu+ Newbie
hi all hope someone can help me out the problem i have is after using multiboot on my vu+duo2 box to try different images out .now iam finished with multiboot. i find i canot flash any image to my box just sticks on the screen that says blackhole

Matrix10

Administrator
hi all hope someone can help me out the problem i have is after using multiboot on my vu+duo2 box to try different images out .now iam finished with multiboot. i find i canot flash any image to my box just sticks on the screen that says blackhole

If I understand correctly
image can not boot up after the bad image in Multiboot

You can flash again image for sure .

But you can reapair flash image if image can not boot up after the bad image in Multiboot

1.Format USB stick Fat32
2.copy from image zip file vuplus folder to your USB stick (Image you have use in flash)
3.remove all files from duo2 folder except
4.kernel_cfe_auto.bin and the reboot.update files.

5.Connect the USB stick into the front USB
6. Switch box ON
7.and push the button above USB

tori1690

Vu+ Newbie
thanks you for your help and advice on how to get box backup & running alls working the way it should now

mccann007

Vu+ User
@Matrix10
I have same problem, after putting bad image in multiboot.
What do you by "reboot.updates files"?
How to make flash image reboot again?with complete fresh install?

Robocop1967

Vu+ User
Just as Matrix10 says.The image that you have installed on your box,copy the vu plus folder of the exact image from a fresh zip file to the fat32 formatted usb stick as you would if you were re flashing but before you send the file to usb remove all files except the ones Matrix has stated above then follow the normal flashing process as instructed in Matrix's instructions 4,5 and 6

mccann007

Vu+ User
@Matrix10
The problem, I flashed One Bad image, and NOW I can not boot any of the GOOD images!!!, even after Deleting the bad image, and REPAIRING Flash image (BH3.2F)

Any Idea???

Matrix10

Administrator
How you have delete old image and repair BH.
If you do not have boot , I do not understand.
well
Try to install original VU + image.
Otherwise I do not know.

mccann007

Vu+ User
How you have delete old image and repair BH.
If you do not have boot , I do not understand.
well
Try to install original VU + image.
Otherwise I do not know.
I removed usb, then repair Flash image (BH 3.2F ORIGINAL), then reinsert the USB, Opened OMB plugin, and deleted the BAD image... STILL can not boot BH, while USB in back hole of receiver.

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not understand,

can you boot Black Hole image without USB stick ?

If you can you have to install all again for multiboot.
Format USB stick,mount usb stick,install OMB , install multiboot images.

mccann007

Vu+ User
It is turn out to be shit USB stick, all Good so far.. I plan to install open BH, openvix, and openSpa.. Do you THINK they are compatible with BH3,2F in Flash?

nunigaia

It is turn out to be shit USB stick, all Good so far.. I plan to install open BH, openvix, and openSpa.. Do you THINK they are compatible with BH3,2F in Flash?

Yes. They are, of course the latest versions:

• OpenBH 04
  • OpenBH 06
  • OpenBlackHole 01
  • OpenSpa 6.0
  • OpenAtv 5.3
  • OpenVix 4.1
  • BlackHole 3.2F
  • Openpli 4.0
  • VTI 9.03
best regards
nunigaia

Vytenis P.

Vu+ User
@nunigaia,You aren't right in case Openpli 4.0 - it boots from (USB) multiboot, but after reboot PLi did not see mounted HDD. Even after writing it to fstab by hand, HDD appears in mounts, but it is empty. In PLi's forum @pr2 explained about this problem: "OpenPLi doesn't support MultiBoot, so it needs to be installed in flash."

nunigaia

@nunigaia,You aren't right in case Openpli 4.0 - it boots from (USB) multiboot, but after reboot PLi did not see mounted HDD. Even after writing it to fstab by hand, HDD appears in mounts, but it is empty. In PLi's forum @pr2 explained about this problem: "OpenPLi doesn't support MultiBoot, so it needs to be installed in flash."

Sorry, but i´m 100% right. I can boot OpenPli installed in OpenMultiboot. I can't boot Backed up images, at least what i´ve tested (( with OpenMultiboot moded by Meo ( BlackHole 3.0.2F in Flash ) i can boot even backup images ).

Note: Everything changes from one day to other. I own a Duo2 STB, where i test images and plugins. For example as far i know, PLI don´t have RTL8188eu devices working and drivers, but i have tested and it works on OpenPli. I don´t care if anything is missed on OpenPli 4.0.

It's possible to handle OpenPli 4.0 image iin OpenMultiboot --> Yes --> My HDD is recognized and my USB ( where i have picons, lcd4linux weather picons ), works without issues.
Everything it will work as in other images --> I don't have time and don´t intend to give suport for other images, rather than BlackHole or OpenBH images.

Anyway, thanks for your information, and this, is just to let you know.;)

best regards
nunigaia