Channels freeze

Lugie

Vu+ Newbie
I got a Vu+ Ultimo 4K that have multiple DVB-C tuners in it and I use it to stream the channels to my new Vu+ UNO4kHDse placed in another country. I have downloaded the channel list from the Ultimo 4k from the WebIF page and imported them into the UNO receiver.

How ever some of the channels play fine but some of them start playing for maybe 2 seconds and then freezes. And some are playing but are very pixelated. I have tried every combination of settings for those channels (stream type, service type and buffering) but it wont help. I tried on three different images (OpenPli, Blackhole, VTI) but the problem is on all of them and it is on the same channels. I can also not find something about those channels that differs or stand out in format, resolution or that they would have something in common that could be the cause of the problem.

If I play the channels in my PC in VLC they all play fine without freezing.

Last edited:

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
What is the speed of upload? It is also best to have receivers connected by network cable.

I've never done it from one country to another, but inside my country a Zero 4K receiving from a Duo 4K I have no problem. I use OBH in both.

You can put the same list that is in the Ultimo 4K in the Uno 4KSE. Uses the Falbacktuner in the Uno 4KSE, in the Ultimo 4K you do not need to set anything.

Uno 4KSE where are you using a tuner? How does DVB-C indications at Uno 4KSE have this tuner and is being used on a local connection? If so, you have to build a list that includes what you get on the local connection more than you send from the Ultimo 4K. If you do not have a local connection, turn it off.

AlexWilMac

There's also no need of a real list: it perfectly work with the Fallback configuration of tuners, at least by OBH in both box (never tried in BH).

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
I do not understand what you mean by "a real list"... sure it has to have a list. It is also true that the list does not have to be equal to what is in the equipment it serves. You will have to have on this list the channels that the equipment that serves is capable of receiving, in addition to others that the latter equipment can access where it is.

It may have BH on the equipment that serves and OBH in the client equipment, the procedure is the same.

AlexWilMac

I mean that, if you use the fallback configuration, the channel list is automatically taken by the server box, not manually loaded and imported. Just that.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Not necessarily... this, if I am realizing what you say, it happens with customer equipment with BH.

With OBH settings the URL in the Falbacktuner to point to the equipment that serves, when you ask for a channel that can not open by the tuner, because or there is no tuner or this is only C and you want S or T (may be the contrary) The equipment it serves can answer you, the list on the client equipment does not have to be the same as it is in whatever.

An example (URL configuration in FalBackTuner):

http://user:password@hostname:port

Lugie

Vu+ Newbie
I have now re-flashed my Vu+ Ultimo box that streams the channels to the other box. I still use BH but now the latest version. I still have the problem of 5 channels that my Vu+ UNO 4k hd se freeze playback on and it is the same channels as before my re-flash/update. And all of those channels play fine in VLC on my computer. I also tried on my android box the dreamplayer app and there it also played the channels without freezing. This is very strange, what is the difference between these 5 channels and the rest of them that could cause this problem? All of them comes from the same cable provider.

Lugie

Vu+ Newbie
I now tried to flash the Vu+ Ultimo box with latest OpenPli instead to see if I get the same problem, and I do got the same problem and it is the same channels that has the problems. I just can´t find out what the cause of the problem is.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Put OBH in Vuultimo... Is this an active tuner? If yes, in what system (c/t/s)? Take your Falbacktuner configuration from Vuultimo with the appropriate editions.