Complete noob with lots of questions!

Daltotm

Vu+ Newbie
hi everyone! I have a lot of questions (some of which I'm sure are stupid) and I'm hoping someone can help!

I've done a lot of reading and I'm thinking of buying a vu duo2. I wish to use this box to connect to my sky dish and receive the encrypted channels.

I'm looking at buying one off world of satellite (il upload a picture of which spec) and I'm wondering what my next steps are.
Firstly, it gives me a list of firmware I can have loaded onto the flashed box, what is best to go for? I've heard of black hole and VIX but don't really understand fully.
Secondly, once this box comes, how do I go about getting all the channels?! Do I have to upgrade it or connect it to my computer first?
I've also read about the dual tuners being able to record upto 4 programmes?! How is this made possible.

So what I suppose I'm asking for is a kind soul to talk me through the whole process or point me in the right direction.

Sorry for all the questions just really want to get this right!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone! I have a lot of questions (some of which I'm sure are stupid) and I'm hoping someone can help!

I've done a lot of reading and I'm thinking of buying a vu duo2. I wish to use this box to connect to my sky dish and receive the encrypted channels.

I'm looking at buying one off world of satellite (il upload a picture of which spec) and I'm wondering what my next steps are.
Firstly, it gives me a list of firmware I can have loaded onto the flashed box, what is best to go for? I've heard of black hole and VIX but don't really understand fully.
Secondly, once this box comes, how do I go about getting all the channels?! Do I have to upgrade it or connect it to my computer first?
I've also read about the dual tuners being able to record upto 4 programmes?! How is this made possible.

So what I suppose I'm asking for is a kind soul to talk me through the whole process or point me in the right direction.

Sorry for all the questions just really want to get this right!View attachment 27451
Read our Board rules - n. 4 before continue posting ....

As for recording, you can record more than 4 channels, as you can record all channels, on the same transponder, e.g. 10773 H 22000, with the same tuner, and use the second tuner for other transponders.[/QUOTE]

Hi, just read this as I am thinking of buying the same box, would I need 4 feeds to the box from the dish to record 4 channels?

Back