Constant crashing / Green Screen!

SerialZapper

Vu+ Newbie
Screenshot (13).png Hi, since I updated my image to latest 2.1.6 I keep getting the following green screen error log every time I try to restart enigma2 and it also seems to coincide with the installed HDD suddenly not being recognized or not initialised!

I'm not sure how to get a proper text of the log, so here's a screen capture. I really hope someone can help as its getting really frustrating!!!

Thank you.

nunigaia

View attachment 20958 Hi, since I updated my image to latest 2.1.6 I keep getting the following green screen error log every time I try to restart enigma2 and it also seems to coincide with the installed HDD suddenly not being recognized or not initialised!

I'm not sure how to get a proper text of the log, so here's a screen capture. I really hope someone can help as its getting really frustrating!!!

Thank you.

You crash log, it well on your hdd root directory!
post the log here please!

best regards
nunigaia

SerialZapper

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, I have already removed the hdd as initially thought it was the cause of the problem.... :(

SerialZapper

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, so I've reinstalled the hdd to try to replicate the green screen loop, and hey presto the duo2 box still keeps crashing and the hdd goes back to "Hdd not found or hdd not initialised". I've attached the full crashlog - really hope someone can help to identify the problem an find a solution.... Thank you!

Attachments

• new.txt
    130.5 KB · Views: 12

SerialZapper

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the tip - if I do a fresh install of open black hole via USB stick, will it be a clean install i.e. remove any previously corrupted flash data?

Shiro

BH-C
Wait it is coming a new update image with a new multiboot system so you can run Open Black Hole in flash and classical black hole in multiboot

SerialZapper

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, so I've tried to do fresh installs with various BH images from 2.05 right though to 2.1.6 and the new Open BH image - same old story of constant crashing and green screen loop....it seems that every time it happens, the hdd gets wiped i.e. all saved files (movies etc) are deleted and although the crashlogs files are saved on the hdd, they are actually empty i.e. 0kb file size. Also, interestingly, all sub folders in the "media" folder disappear (card, cf, downloads, usb etc), except for the hdd one (which gets wiped anyway). Very strange goings on it seems....I've attached a couple of crashlogs that I was able to retrieve from the hdd. I thought it might have been something to do with the crossepg settings, but anything I tweak results in the same green screen loop....

This is driving me crazy - is the hdd corrupted? Is my box so messed up over time due to the number of image updates?

I appreciate any help!! Thanks so much.

Attachments

• new.txt
    127.7 KB · Views: 17
  • new1.txt
    127.7 KB · Views: 6

Ev0

Admin
Hi, so I've tried to do fresh installs with various BH images from 2.05 right though to 2.1.6 and the new Open BH image - same old story of constant crashing and green screen loop....it seems that every time it happens, the hdd gets wiped i.e. all saved files (movies etc) are deleted and although the crashlogs files are saved on the hdd, they are actually empty i.e. 0kb file size. Also, interestingly, all sub folders in the "media" folder disappear (card, cf, downloads, usb etc), except for the hdd one (which gets wiped anyway). Very strange goings on it seems....I've attached a couple of crashlogs that I was able to retrieve from the hdd. I thought it might have been something to do with the crossepg settings, but anything I tweak results in the same green screen loop....

This is driving me crazy - is the hdd corrupted? Is my box so messed up over time due to the number of image updates?

I appreciate any help!! Thanks so much.
It looks like you have installed a plugin (or a backup) that is not compatible.

The crash does not look like it is an image problem.

EDIT: Do you have a CI module installed ?

SerialZapper

Vu+ Newbie
Hi EvO,

No CI module installed. In regards to a plugin or backup, I have not tried to restore any backup - the only plugin I've installed is TS Media - can't imagine this can be the cause of the problem considering the popularity of it with so many other VU+ owners......

SerialZapper

Vu+ Newbie
I already tried that - removed the hdd, flashed clean bh image but the problem remained - still green screen loop. I just don't understand the root of the conflict or where the corrupted issue lies :(

Ev0

Admin
I already tried that - removed the hdd, flashed clean bh image but the problem remained - still green screen loop. I just don't understand the root of the conflict or where the corrupted issue lies :(
Ok remove any usb sticks also, and just install freshly downloaded image from this board.

Do not add any plugins or backups, just nice clean image, and then download a channel list from the addon server.

See if that works, then we can try to move forward slowly to see if we can find what the issue is.

SerialZapper

Vu+ Newbie
:thanks:ok thanks EvO - will do that first thing tomorrow - will update you on the results...... Thanks again for the friendly and helpful guidance

Shiro

BH-C
:thanks:ok thanks EvO - will do that first thing tomorrow - will update you on the results...... Thanks again for the friendly and helpful guidance

I am sorry but i have to tell that i know another friend that have these kind of issues with constant crashes depending by socket fails.
And in his case there is the suspect of an hardware issue. I suggest out of our interest to try to use OpenPli image or other that doesn't use the socket like bh to bypass the problem.

SerialZapper

Vu+ Newbie
I am sorry but i have to tell that i know another friend that have these kind of issues with constant crashes depending by socket fails.
And in his case there is the suspect of an hardware issue. I suggest out of our interest to try to use OpenPli image or other that doesn't use the socket like bh to bypass the problem.
Hi, Just to update my situation.... I installed the OpenPli image a week or so ago and have been testing my box during that period - result is perfect performance, no crashing and really fast, responsive UI. Thank you so much for the suggestion as its solved all the problems - hard drive is also now working reliably with no issues over loss of data. As much as I miss BH, I'm very content with this solution.

We all love a happy ending..... :thanks::):):):yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: