dcc error

Mick12334

Hi anana,
welcome to the forum.
Have you used the search option, to see if your receiver is recognized on your network, and that you have the correct IP Address?
Have you also tried the VU+ Control Centre?

If you've already tried these options can you please provide more detailed information.

gasth404

Vu+ Newbie
Interesting ;) is there new (working) version VU+ Control Centre. Last version stop working for me same time ago. Now can i connect with my Vu+Ultimo 4k only with webinterface or with file changing programm (filezilla ...)

Peitacas

Vu+ Newbie
Helllo all,

@anana were you able to fix the issue?

@all

I got the same today with my Solo4k. With my Solo SE all good. Tried with DCC, with VuCC and Echannelizer

my troubleshooting so far:

DHCP Enabled
Lan Cable - Error 10057
WiFI - Error 10057

DHCP Disabled
Lan Cable - Error 10057
WiFI - Error 10057

Going to Black Hole Setting - FTP Panel - Status "Stopped". Red button pushed to enable it but it doesn´t change, always "Stopped"

As I have multiboot, tried on OpenPLi 6.2 and it works perfectly. So it is something on Blackhole configuration. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Peitacas

AlexWilMac

No, it's not a configuration issue. Sometimes it has happened to me too that the FTP service stopped working. I manage to fix it without reinstalling the image and flashing the only kernel, but it's quit experimental ;)
You need to reflash the image, otherwise, saving your settings. There is not only DCC in this world, anyway. Under win you can also try dreamboxedit or, even better (if it's still working), the Open Webinterface and its bouquet editor.

Peitacas

Vu+ Newbie
No, it's not a configuration issue. Sometimes it has happened to me too that the FTP service stopped working. I manage to fix it without reinstalling the image and flashing the only kernel, but it's quit experimental ;)
You need to reflash the image, otherwise, saving your settings. There is not only DCC in this world, anyway. Under win you can also try dreamboxedit or, even better (if it's still working), the Open Webinterface and its bouquet editor.

Thanks Alexwilmac! and how do I do to install only the Kernel? for now the Open WebIf allowed me to backup my channel list, thanks for the tip ;) what about the other config files?

AlexWilMac

The "only kernel" is a procedure I haven't repeated for a long, long, time, especially with BH.
So, I don't want responsibility for that!!! ;) Anyway, if it got wrong, you'll always have the chance of a complete reflash.
To flash only the kernel you have to prepare a usb flashdrive the same way as for a complete flash but then you must remove the file containing the root (root_cfe_auto.bin or rootfs.tar.bz2 or similar names).
This way you won't loose neither your settings (channels) nor the plugins.
Instead, if you want to reflash from scratch, I don't recommend (especially with BH) the so called "personal backup" which should backup also the plugins. It has never worked 100% for me.
I much prefer to reinstall the plugins: few minutes of your time but everything is then perfectly working.

Last edited:

Peitacas

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, and don´t worry. If I do something wrong I will reflash from scratch ;)

I will let you know if it worked.

Thanks!

Mick12334

Error 10057 can mean that you have changed the password, or the wrong IP Address, the default password, for the VU+, is left blank, or dreambox does work.
The Solo 4K and the Solo SE, use different chipsets, but that shouldn't cause any problems.
You could try disabling DHCP, saving it, then turning off your receiver. Re-boot your router, by turning it off, then on again, then switch on your VU+ Solo 4K, go back into the menu and heck your receivers IP Address.
You could also use the DCC, Dreambox Control Centre, to locate all equipment connected to your network, along with their assigned IP Addresses.

nunigaia

Thanks Alexwilmac! and how do I do to install only the Kernel? for now the Open WebIf allowed me to backup my channel list, thanks for the tip ;) what about the other config files?
The "only kernel" is a procedure I haven't repeated for a long, long, time, especially with BH.
So, I don't want responsibility for that!!! ;) Anyway, if it got wrong, you'll always have the chance of a complete reflash.
To flash only the kernel you have to prepare a usb flashdrive the same way as for a complete flash but then you must remove the file containing the root (root_cfe_auto.bin or rootfs.tar.bz2 or similar names).
This way you won't loose neither your settings (channels) nor the plugins.
Instead, if you want to reflash from scratch, I don't recommend (especially with BH) the so called "personal backup" which should backup also the plugins. It has never worked 100% for me.
I much prefer to reinstall the plugins: few minutes of your time but everything is then perfectly working.

It´s not possible to reflsah only the kernel, if the image is running in OpenMultiboot and not in the Flash.

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

I assumed, from post #5, that he tried in multiboot another image, as he's got BH installed in flash.
Can you confirm this is your configuration, Peitacas? Otherwise, what Nunigaia says is true!

Peitacas

Vu+ Newbie
It´s not possible to reflsah only the kernel, if the image is running in OpenMultiboot and not in the Flash.

best regards
nunigaia

I assumed, from post #5, that he tried in multiboot another image, as he's got BH installed in flash.
Can you confirm this is your configuration, Peitacas? Otherwise, what Nunigaia says is true!

Hello both,

BH is on the flash.

Thanks

Peitacas

Vu+ Newbie
Helllo Nunigaia,

it is the 3.0.5.L

keep in mind it was working perfectly 2 weeks ago when I have updated the channel list for the last time.

Regards

nunigaia

Helllo Nunigaia,

it is the 3.0.5.L

keep in mind it was working perfectly 2 weeks ago when I have updated the channel list for the last time.

Regards

Just reflash the box with "ONLY" the following 2 files, but don´t forget to maintain the directory structure intact at the root of the USB device ( Pen drive ) as:

1.png

Code:
reboot.update
kernel_auto.bin

1) If you have on your PC the BlackHole Image that you have flashed your STB, use it ... otherwise, download from our server.

2) Unzip to a folder to your PC ... and copy the vuplus folder to the root of your Pen drive previously initialized as Fat32 FS.

3) Erase the files not needed.

best regards
nunigaia

Peitacas

Vu+ Newbie
How did you update your channel list?

E-Channelizer

Just reflash the box with "ONLY" the following 2 files, but don´t forget to maintain the directory structure intact at the root of the USB device ( Pen drive ) as:

View attachment 39193

Code:
reboot.update
kernel_auto.bin

1) If you have on your PC the BlackHole Image that you have flashed your STB, use it ... otherwise, download from our server.

2) Unzip to a folder to your PC ... and copy the vuplus folder to the root of your Pen drive previously initialized as Fat32 FS.

3) Erase the files not needed.

best regards
nunigaia

done, but still the error 10057