Duo 2

stephentg

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, Can some help me, I have got a Duo 2 and wondering which DVB-S2 tuner do I need to record more than 4 channels. On my Duo2 I have 2 tuners, tuner A LNB in, Loop Out and tuner B LNB in, Loop Out or should the tuners both be tuner A LNB in LNB in and tuner B the same.

Thanks

Hi, Can some help me, I have got a Duo 2 and wondering which DVB-S2 tuner do I need to record more than 4 channels. On my Duo2 I have 2 tuners, tuner A LNB in, Loop Out and tuner B LNB in, Loop Out or should the tuners both be tuner A LNB in LNB in and tuner B the same.

Thanks

If tuners have a loop out
then these are single tuners.

How many channels you'll be able to record depends on the antenna/lnb/lnbs connected to the tuners.,
So given information is not enough.

So you have to describe the tuners (single or dual) and the connected antenna installation.

If tuners have a loop out
then these are single tuners.

How many channels you'll be able to record depends on the antenna/lnb/lnbs connected to the tuners.,
So given information is not enough.

So you have to describe the tuners (single or dual) and the connected antenna installation.

I have 4 cables from the LNB to the 4 connecters on the 2 tuners Tuner A and Tuner B and enclosed Photo of the tuner setup. tuner A and tuner B are set the same. If I buy one off the tuners that have 2 LNB (ins) am I able to record at least 4 channels due to one of the LNB ins being able to record 4 programmes as vu+ says in the book. 20150830_132709.jpg 20150830_133026.jpg 20150830_134246.jpg

Thanks

One Tuner should be able to record more than 4 channels, at once, providing they are on the same transponder/satellite.
When you start recording, go into the channel list, bring up the full channel list, by pressing the red button, then scroll to spot channels in white, not greyed out, these should be on the same transponder, and channels you can view/record.
To record 4 separate transponder, even on 4 different satellites, you need 2 x Dual DVB-S2 tuners, each tuner has 2 inputs, and no loop through.

I have 4 cables from the LNB to the 4 connecters on the 2 tuners Tuner A and Tuner B and enclosed Photo of the tuner setup. tuner A and tuner B are set the same. If I buy one off the tuners that have 2 LNB (ins) am I able to record at least 4 channels due to one of the LNB ins being able to record 4 programmes as vu+ says in the book. View attachment 23041 View attachment 23042 View attachment 23043

Thanks
Make care about connections!
You have two SINGLE DVB-S2 tuners ... take a look into writes around LNB inputs: LNB IN and Loop-out THAT IS NOT AN INPUT!

I have 4 cables from the LNB to the 4 connecters on the 2 tuners Tuner A and Tuner B and enclosed Photo of the tuner setup. tuner A and tuner B are set the same. If I buy one off the tuners that have 2 LNB (ins) am I able to record at least 4 channels due to one of the LNB ins being able to record 4 programmes as vu+ says in the book. View attachment 23041 View attachment 23042 View attachment 23043

Thanks

You have two single tuners.
From your writing is not 100% clear what type of LNB you have.

You must not connect , LNBs on Tuners Loop-out
Which means that you can connect two LNBs (outputs) rather than four,
this also means that you can record independently with two LNBs.
But if it is LNB with four outputs from the same satellite (Quad LNB )
I think there is not much need for dual tuners and I think you must config tuners as a single tuner
Mode Single and not Mode DisEqC you have on your pictures.

How many channels you can record in the same time depends on the transponder on which they are located.

One Tuner should be able to record more than 4 channels, at once, providing they are on the same transponder/satellite.
When you start recording, go into the channel list, bring up the full channel list, by pressing the red button, then scroll to spot channels in white, not greyed out, these should be on the same transponder, and channels you can view/record.
To record 4 separate transponder, even on 4 different satellites, you need 2 x Dual DVB-S2 tuners, each tuner has 2 inputs, and no loop through.

In order to use independently four LNBs or LNBs outputs you need two dual tuners.

Last edited:
Back