Duo2-Cant Mount Harddisk

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Everyone, my Duo2 had already upgraded to the latest version OBH image.

I am having some issue with the hdd, though I am able to open and read both the internal and Usb hdd but having problems as follows,

1. Cannot mount both hdd

2. Usb hdd is 5Tb capacity but it is read as only 3Tb

Thanks & Regards

Attachments

• Channel 5-1742018-1756.jpg
    Channel 5-1742018-1756.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 26

AlexWilMac

Probably the 5Tb one is too large. Try disconnecting it and then try again to mount the other one. Then do the opposite: disconnect the other one and connect only the 5Tb and see what happens.

Tururu

BH Lover
@ bumperbee

Segun la imagen, el VU+DUO2 no ve el 100% de los discos grandes.
Siendo necesario buscar el punto de montaje y poner a mano en el fichero fstab, esta en /etc/

TODO POR CONSOLA TELNET (ejemplo)
umount -l /dev/sda1 demontar la unidad no deseada
Averiguar el Identificativo de la partición a mapear
blkid conocer UUID

Modificar el fichero fstab en /etc/
Poner una linea como por ejemplo:
UUID=16ae4f6f-58ac-4dd1-b07f-209a74ad85b0 /media/usb auto defaults 1 1
--------------
UUID=573737db-f48c-4bbb-89a9-6e09484fef37 /media/hdd auto defaults 1 1
Donde ver y cambiar el montaje, ya todo ok, inizializar y formatear.
Cuidado si la imagen no admite dejar como un solo disco y quiere partir en 2.
Los discos de 3TB no dieron problemas con OpenBH, pero los nuevos de 6TB y 8TB, las viejas imagenes lo querian partie en 2 y toco formatear en el VU+Ultimo4K.
Con discos de 3TB, 6TB y 8TB desde hace mucho, se lo que digo, los tengo en uso en los VUçDUO2, disculpas por la traduccion.

En la ultima version en teoria solucionan el problema, tengo que actualizar el NAS de 8TB uno de estos dias.
Device Manager improvements for more compatibility with devices with defective table GPT or devices that don't return format type.
---------

According to the image, the VU + DUO2 does not see 100% of the large discs.It is necessary to find the mount point and put the fstab file by hand, it is in /etc/

EVERYTHING BY TELNET CONSOLE (example)
umount -l / dev / sda1 to untar the unwanted unit
Find out the Identification of the partition to mapblkid know UUID

Modify the fstab file in / etc /Put a line like for example:UUID = 16ae4f6f-58ac-4dd1-b07f-209a74ad85b0 / media / usb auto defaults 1 1
--------------
UUID = 573737db-f48c-4bbb-89a9-6e09484fef37 / media / hdd auto defaults 1 1

Where to see and change the assembly, and all ok, inizializar and format.
Be careful if the image does not support leaving as a single disk and wants to start in 2.
The discs of 3TB did not give problems with OpenBH, but the new ones of 6TB and 8TB, the old images wanted it to start in 2 and I play format in the VU + Ultimo4K.

With discs of 3TB, 6TB and 8TB for a long time, I know what I say, I have them in use in the VUçDUO2, apologies for the translation.

In the latest version in theory solve the problem, I have to update the 8TB NAS one of these days.
Device Manager improvements for more compatibility with devices with defective table GPT or devices that don't return format type.

Como siempre con mucho cuidado y bajo tu responsabilidad, disculpas por la traduccion.
As always with great care and under your responsibility, apologies for the translation.

Las pruebas en la firma desde hace años, el NAS con el VU+DUO2 sale muy barato.
Tests in the firm for years, the NAS with the VU+DUO2 comes out very cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

nunigaia

@ bumperbee

Segun la imagen, el VU+DUO2 no ve el 100% de los discos grandes.
Siendo necesario buscar el punto de montaje y poner a mano en el fichero fstab, esta en /etc/

TODO POR CONSOLA TELNET (ejemplo)
Averiguar el Identificativo de la partición a mapear
blkid conocer UUID

Modificar el fichero fstab en /etc/
Poner una linea como por ejemplo:
UUID=16ae4f6f-58ac-4dd1-b07f-209a74ad85b0 /media/usb auto defaults 1 1
--------------
UUID=573737db-f48c-4bbb-89a9-6e09484fef37 /media/hdd auto defaults 1 1
Donde ver y cambiar el montaje, ya todo ok, inizializar y formatear.
Cuidado si la imagen no admite dejar como un solo disco y quiere partir en 2.
Los discos de 3TB no dieron problemas con OpenSpa, pero los nuevos de 6TB y 8TB, las viejas imagenes lo querian partie en 2 y toco formatear en el VU+Ultimo4K.
Con discos de 3TB, 6TB y 8TB desde hace mucho, se lo que digo, los tengo en uso en los VUçDUO2, disculpas por la traduccion.

En la ultima version en teoria solucionan el problema, tengo que actualizar el NAS de 8TB uno de estos dias.
---------

According to the image, the VU + DUO2 does not see 100% of the large discs.It is necessary to find the mount point and put the fstab file by hand, it is in /etc/

EVERYTHING BY TELNET CONSOLE (example)
Find out the Identification of the partition to mapblkid know UUID

Modify the fstab file in / etc /Put a line like for example:UUID = 16ae4f6f-58ac-4dd1-b07f-209a74ad85b0 / media / usb auto defaults 1 1
--------------

Where to see and change the assembly, and all ok, inizializar and format.
Be careful if the image does not support leaving as a single disk and wants to start in 2.
The discs of 3TB did not give problems with OpenSpa, but the new ones of 6TB and 8TB, the old images wanted it to start in 2 and I play format in the VU + Ultimo4K.

With discs of 3TB, 6TB and 8TB for a long time, I know what I say, I have them in use in the VUçDUO2, apologies for the translation.

In the latest version in theory solve the problem, I have to update the 8TB NAS one of these days.

Como siempre con mucho cuidado y bajo tu responsabilidad, disculpas por la traduccion.
As always with great care and under your responsibility, apologies for the translation.

Las pruebas en la firma desde hace años, el NAS con el VU+DUO2 sale muy barato.
Tests in the firm for years, the NAS with the VU+DUO2 comes out very cheap.

@Tururu

Why OpenSpa? Here we are talking about Open BlackHole images and not about third party images.

Also, the next time please don´t make translations to spanish or from spanish to english. If you want to answer and help other BlackHole users, try to answer by using the same language used on users post.

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

nunigaia

Hi Everyone, my Duo2 had already upgraded to the latest version OBH image.

I am having some issue with the hdd, though I am able to open and read both the internal and Usb hdd but having problems as follows,

1. Cannot mount both hdd

2. Usb hdd is 5Tb capacity but it is read as only 3Tb

Thanks & Regards

You can try manually "initialize" your HDD by telnet, using the following information.

Give it a try --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/internal-hdd-vuduo2.34729/#post-237638

best regards
nunigaia

Tururu

BH Lover
@nunigaia
Perfect, it will not be repeated.

In 2016 in the VU+DUO2 with BlackHole already gave problems with the 3TB disk,
As I can not edit the post, if you can remove the part in Spanish (I leave it to some colleagues understand it) and change to BlackHole, it is the same.

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Thanks very much Everyone for the quick reply.

In previous Obh image, both internal and Usb hdd are mounted correctly (see attached) and also working properly. They are all in ext4 format.

I had tried mounting the hdd with the following methods but to no avail.

1. connecting the Usb hdd (5Tb)

2. without connecting Usb hdd

The usb hdd contains all the backup movies & series from the internal 3Tb hdd, so I cannot initialize (I believe it means formatting) any of them.

Any other suggestions are all welcome.

Thanks & Best Regards

Attachments

• Channel 5-2912018-127.jpg
    Channel 5-2912018-127.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 7

Mick12334

Why not back up your stored movies onto your PC, then you can either burn them to DVD, store them on other disks, or tranfer them to your VU+ internal hard drive, usilg any FTP program.

Do you get any error messages, when you start up the USB wizard, then connect your external hard drive, when requested, or is it just not recognized?

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Mick12334, I can’t backup to Pc or any other place, they are all full. Not my Duo2 also, the files are actually Tv Series from my Duo2. I do this backup because my Duo2 is almost full.

There are no error messages when I (at “Device Manager”) select “OK” at any of the hdd trying to mount it, but a sign (from my understand it means there is no function by pressing “OK”) was display.

My Usb hdd is 5Tb and a used capacity around 3.2Tb, meaning I got another 1.8Tb of free space. The problem is I cannot save any more files to it, most probably is because it is reading it as only 3Tb hdd.

Thanks

Mick12334

If you want to store that many movies, and TV series, you could consider a NAS setup, Network Attached Storage, or just buy a new HDD, for your PC, and store them on there, check how many SATA connectors your PC Motherboard has.

Personally I store anything I want to keep on DVD, using my old DVD recorder, but then most of the stuff I save are old television series, Unhappily Ever After, Lexx, old Doctor Who, etc.. so most are of poor picture quality, to begin with, and don't deteriorate greatly when copying them to DVD using an old Scart lead, anything that requires greater quality gets transferred to my PC, from the Duo2 internal hard drive, using Filezilla, a free FTP program, and stored, or burned to DVD, using the PC's DVD writers, or sometimes both.

Considering you can now view most stuff using Kodi, and even download it, either using the Kodi options, or your PC, storage is not really a problem.

Why not consider building a networked Media Centre, so that you can view all your recordings, anywhere in the house, or elsewhere, using either your internal network, or an internet connection?

Tururu

BH Lover
The usb hdd contains all the backup movies & series from the internal 3Tb hdd, so I cannot initialize (I believe it means formatting) any of them.

Any other suggestions are all welcome.
Thanks & Best Regards
The problem you have with the disk is that it does not find the correct disk mounting point.
That's why you only see 3TB

You should find the mount point by hand as I comment and put in the fstab file.
Save the change and restart the receiver.
Now you will have the good with the 5TB.
You do not have to do anything else, as much riding as HDD.

In no case, never initiate or format.

The problem is known, we hope that another partner tells you the steps better, apologies for the translation.

Option A, download from OBH version.
Option B, wait for a new update solving the problem.
Option C, If you put the old OBH version, copy the fstab file.
With the new OBH version for the correct data of the disk that you have the old file.

Last edited:

Tururu

BH Lover
Option C: If you put the old OBH version, copy the fstab file.
With the new OBH version, change in the file fstab the correct data of the disk that you have the old file.

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Mick12334, thanks for your suggestion. But the reason I had bought this 5Tb hdd is actually meant for solving all my backups from Duo2, Pc and other Stb, which is sufficient in the meantime. Connecting the backup hdd (in Ext4 format) by Usb has advantages over Nas, such as transferring of files I feel is much faster and able to use it as an internal hdd during internal hdd failure in Stb. As mentioned previously, it is working perfectly in the older Obh image.

Hi Tururu, thanks for suggesting all the options.

You had mentioned the followings,

Modify the file fstab in / etc /
Put a line such as:
UUID = 16ae4f6f-58ac-4dd1-b07f-209a74ad85b0 / media / usb auto defaults 1 1
--------------

Please tell me if I am correct to do the followings which I will not be formatting any of my hdd,

1. Open the file “fstab” which is /etc folder

2. Type in the followings in any line,

Tururu

BH Lover
@bumperbee
It depends on the knowledge.
I recommend doing option C where the discs work well and copies the fstab file, then with the latest version, you rename the new file the receiver has, put the copy, leave it with the same attributes, restart the receiver and it should work correctly now the discs.

In the Ultimo4K and the DUO2 I have copies of this file to avoid problems when updating the image.
I leave the version in Spanish, some colleagues understand, apologies for the translation.
-------
Depende de los conocimientos.
Recomiendo realizar la opcion C donde funcionan bien los discos y copias el fichero fstab, luego con la ultima version, renombras el nuevo fichero que tiene el receptor, pones el copia, lo dejas con los mismos atributos, reinicias receptor y tendria que funcionar correctamente ahora los discos.

En el Ultimo4K y los DUO2 tengo copias de este fichero para no tener problemas al actualizar la imagen.

Tururu

BH Lover
I have a friend who has 2 disks in network (2xNAS of 2TB), ample, I prepare a very cheap Zyxel NAS542 with 9TB (4x3TB RAID 5), this summer again with another NAS542 with 18TB (4x6TB RAID 5), working very good and fast with the 2 networks of 1Gbs that each team has.
For me the expense is unthinkable, as the used VU+DUO2 are very cheap (€ 200) buy one, it is the server at home, apart from allowing satellite and DTT streaming, movies on the NAS 8TB, the series on the Ultimo4K 6TB.

I hope the disc is 26dB-28dB of noise, otherwise, in the silence of a movie it's like sawing the trunks of noise.

Tururu

BH Lover
....Please tell me if I am correct to do the followings which I will not be formatting any of my hdd,
1. Open the file “fstab” which is /etc folder
2. Type in the followings in any line,
Example <---- > Example.
The process does not format anything, it does not erase any data.a5995.gif
The problem you have, you can not find the correct mount point, because you do not see the 5TB that the disk has.
The data is an example of my discs.
You have to put the data of the 5TB disc you have.

For those I recommend option C. <---- OK
With the old OBH version that sees the discs ok, enter the indicated directory and copy the file fstab to the PC, cabias and put the last OBH (if you make a backup before the changes, then it is faster).
Loaded the new OBH image, you rename the file fstab and you put in that you have in the PC, you put the attributes equal and ready.
Check the files (content) with Notepad ++, minus the 5TB disk, all the same, the 3TB disk and if you have usb-pendriver or similar.

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Tururu, thanks very much for all the recommendation.

I followed your instruction by saving the good old fstab file to etc/ folder by over-riding the existing one. However, it only could mount the 5Tb hdd as 3Tb and didn’t mount the internal hdd. I try to mount it by “Device Manager” but failed to do so. Attached is a photo of the mounting and append below is the old fstab file backup.

rootfs / auto defaults 1 1

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0

usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs noauto 0 0

tmpfs /var/volatile tmpfs defaults 0 0

UUID=c7e1e69f-b6b0-4a73-836e-13d95a88fe83 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

UUID=b9629416-6db5-4464-b566-58798580340c /media/usb auto defaults 0 0

Attachments

• Channel 5-2142018-82.jpg
    Channel 5-2142018-82.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6

Tururu

BH Lover
@bumperbee
I would remove the 3TB disk, and any pendriver-usb, leaving only the 5TB disk.
Restart the receiver.
If we mix themes, apart from the language, bad.
If you have a friend who understands Spanish, much better.

I prefer to use option C, clear things.
You commented that with the old version you did not have problems to see the disc with the 5TB, it confirms yes or no.

Tururu

BH Lover
I prefer option C, under your responsibility and with the language problems, this does not format or initialize anything, but if you do not put the assembly point right, the disk does not have the correct size, in this case 5TB.
Give thanks to any partner who knows the problem and manages in English.

From msdos console:
Telnet IP receiver.

Welcome for vuduo2-8TB
vuduo2-8TB login: root
Password:
root @ vuduo2-8TB:

Remove unwanted unit.

Put blkid
root @ vuduo2-8TB: ~ # blkid

Put the information that comes out, is the identifier of the partition that you have to put in the file fstab
Something similar to this with my 8TB disk, plus a 4GB USB-pendriver.

root @ vuduo2-8TB: ~ # blkid
/ dev / ubi0_0: UUID = "c3d7b12e-a478-40ca-83ef-527c044909c7" TYPE = "ubifs"
/ dev / sdb1: UUID = "745a1b4e-7c1c-4835-b0c6-ebc39e93d920" TYPE = "ext3"
/ dev / sda1: UUID = "75f31367-1f47-44f7-b067-4130def49b0b" TYPE = "ext3" PARTLABEL = "disk1" PARTUUID = "f37042fc-a8d1-436d-906d-753c08862bf4"
root @ vuduo2-8TB: ~ #

In my case the disk is:
/ dev / sda1: UUID = "75f31367-1f47-44f7-b067-4130def49b0b" TYPE = "ext3" PARTLABEL = "disk1" PARTUUID = "f37042fc-a8d1-436d-906d-753c08862bf4"

The important line is: UUID = "75f31367-1f47-44f7-b067-4130def49b0b
What do we add to the fstab file as ... (edit with Notepad ++)
UUID = 75f31367-1f47-44f7-b067-4130def49b0b / media / hdd auto defaults 1 1

In your case as it is a disk by USB, it can be ...
UUID = 75f31367-1f47-44f7-b067-4130def49b0b / media / usb auto defaults 1 1

You will comment.

=======================

Prefiero la opcion C, bajo tu responsabilidad y con los problemas del idioma, esto no formatea ni inicializa nada, pero si no pones bien el punto de montaje, el disco no tiene el tamaño correcto, en este caso 5TB.
Dar las gracias a cualquier compañero que conozca el problema y se maneje en ingles.

Desde consola msdos:
Telnet IP receptor.

Welcome for vuduo2-8TB
vuduo2-8TB login: root
Password:
root@vuduo2-8TB:

Desmontar unidad no deseada.

Pon blkid
root@vuduo2-8TB:~# blkid

Pon la informacion que sale, esta el identficador de la particion que tines que poner en el fichero fstab
Algo similar a esto con mi disco de 8TB, mas un USB-pendriver de 4GB.

root@vuduo2-8TB:~# blkid
/dev/ubi0_0: UUID="c3d7b12e-a478-40ca-83ef-527c044909c7" TYPE="ubifs"
/dev/sdb1: UUID="745a1b4e-7c1c-4835-b0c6-ebc39e93d920" TYPE="ext3"
/dev/sda1: UUID="75f31367-1f47-44f7-b067-4130def49b0b" TYPE="ext3" PARTLABEL="disk1" PARTUUID="f37042fc-a8d1-436d-906d-753c08862bf4"
root@vuduo2-8TB:~#

En mi caso el disco es:
/dev/sda1: UUID="75f31367-1f47-44f7-b067-4130def49b0b" TYPE="ext3" PARTLABEL="disk1" PARTUUID="f37042fc-a8d1-436d-906d-753c08862bf4"

La linea importante es: UUID="75f31367-1f47-44f7-b067-4130def49b0b
Que añadimos al fichero fstab como.. (editar con Notepad++)
UUID=75f31367-1f47-44f7-b067-4130def49b0b /media/hdd auto defaults 1 1

En tu caso como es un disco por USB, puede ser ....
UUID=75f31367-1f47-44f7-b067-4130def49b0b /media/usb auto defaults 1 1

Ya comentaras.

VU_DUO2_NAS_8TB.jpg

Last edited:

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Tururu, did you mean to remove the usb hdd? If it is, then it should be the 5Tb hdd and not the 3Tb one which is my internal hdd.

I am trying out option C and confirm the good old version fstab file is able to mount both the internal 3Tb & usb 5Tb hdd (proven in my earlier attached photo). But I am not very sure the old fstab that I had use is correct, so I had append the details in my above post.

Something very funny, in the attached picture above, which I did the over-ride of the fstab file with the good old fstab. You should notice that the usb 5Tb hdd is mounted and my internal 3Tb hdd is not. Isn’t this very strange?

One last important and unfortunate event happened while I was doing option C, my internal 3Tb hdd got wipe-out. Everything disappear. But luckily, I am able to recover all the files. Please tell what may have actually happen?