Duo2 LCD4Linux lcd display layouts

Ev0

Admin
I thought as setting up the LCD display on the Duo2 is much easier than it was for the Ultimo, that members could post up there layouts for others to use.

The best ones will be added to the BH addon server (if you would rather they are not added to the server, then just make it clear in your post and we won't add it).

Please post a screenshot to show how it looks.

The file you need to upload can be found in /etc/enigma2

Here is mine to kick things off with:

2.jpg

To get the background to work, just add the included folder to /media/usb

Attachments

• lcd4linux-config.zip
    58.3 KB · Views: 8,150

bojja

Vu+ User
I installed this beautiful file of Evo full with background,now how can i add picons in it as well like the picture shown on the Evo's screenshot?In the BH addons manager /picons package can't find one for duo2...Thanks .

Ev0

Admin
I installed this beautiful file of Evo full with background,now how can i add picons in it as well like the picture shown on the Evo's screenshot?In the BH addons manager /picons package can't find one for duo2...Thanks .

It just uses the normal picons you use for the osd.

Mine are on the usb stick, so it's set to look for /media/usb/picon

Lincsat

Vu+ User
I think I must be missing something simple here. I have used the attached config, the preview screen shows the image from the first post but the display still shows the default Vu+ Duo2. I've pressed Yellow for restart displays and green to save, what else is there to try?

Ev0

Admin
I think I must be missing something simple here. I have used the attached config, the preview screen shows the image from the first post but the display still shows the default Vu+ Duo2. I've pressed Yellow for restart displays and green to save, what else is there to try?

Have you tried rebooting ?

legau

Vu+ Newbie
I had the same yesterday Lincsat ! Black Hole 2.0.5. I just reflashed the whole thing and now it works like a charm. I know this is not the solution you are looking for but I spent a lot of time trying to understand what was the problem, without finding any clue... I rebooted, deleted cache files / tmp files, reinstalled the plugin, checked the logs, ... I didn't understand what was going wrong (but I'm far to be an expert for this kind of stuff).

If you find a solution without reflashing, I'm really interested to know it.

Lincsat

Vu+ User
May have to try the reflash route, I upgraded to 2.0.5 without using personal backup to make it as clean as possible - took ages - LOL

I have tried re-downloading and FTP'ing the files and CHMOD to 777. Are there any other config files to try anywhere, can't see any on the BH download server?

There is one thing though, when the LCD4Linux screen is up, at the bottom right corner it says libusb! in red - could that be an error message?

Ev0

Admin
May have to try the reflash route, I upgraded to 2.0.5 without using personal backup to make it as clean as possible - took ages - LOL

I have tried re-downloading and FTP'ing the files and CHMOD to 777. Are there any other config files to try anywhere, can't see any on the BH download server?

There is one thing though, when the LCD4Linux screen is up, at the bottom right corner it says libusb! in red - could that be an error message?

There is no need to CHMOD to 777, mine is at the default 600 and working just fine.

The red in libusb is normal.

Lincsat

Vu+ User
I reflashed BH2.0.5 and used the personal backup to speed up the process, copied the downloaded files back over and now the LCD works fine - strange that.

Reactions: Ev0

ekkostar

Vu+ Newbie
Firstly, Many thanks to Evo for uploading his LCDconfig.

This may help those having some issues...

1. Copy the file into etc/enigma2 folder. Ideally reboot enigma.

2. LCD4Linux plug-in, ensure LCD4Linux is set to ON and that LCD display is slso set to ON.

3. Whilst in LCD4Linux plugin, press the menu button on your remote and select reload config.

The third step should then see the LCD spring to life. No need to reflash etc etc

Hope that helps.

Thanks

ES

Lincsat

Vu+ User
Firstly, Many thanks to Evo for uploading his LCDconfig.

This may help those having some issues...

1. Copy the file into etc/enigma2 folder. Ideally reboot enigma.

2. LCD4Linux plug-in, ensure LCD4Linux is set to ON and that LCD display is slso set to ON.

3. Whilst in LCD4Linux plugin, press the menu button on your remote and select reload config.

The third step should then see the LCD spring to life. No need to reflash etc etc

Hope that helps.

Thanks

ES

I had done all that and also set the display to Vu internal LCD. Still didn't work until I reflashed.

ekkostar

Vu+ Newbie
I had done all that and also set the display to Vu internal LCD. Still didn't work until I reflashed.

In which case I suspect you may perhaps have inadvertently moved files to incorrect places?

If you hit the menu button on the remote whilst in LCd4Linux and reload the config. If the file is in the folder the LCD will come to life.

Lincsat

Vu+ User
In which case I suspect you may perhaps have inadvertently moved files to incorrect places?

If you hit the menu button on the remote whilst in LCd4Linux and reload the config. If the file is in the folder the LCD will come to life.

It didn't until after I reflashed. Best guess would be that one of the plugins or associated files was interfering or had become corrupted. In any case, after the reflash it works fine

legau

Vu+ Newbie
told you, I had exactly the same. Too bad we don't find a solution... moved files to bad locations ? I don't think so. My guess is a hidden cache file somewhere with corrupted config or something like that. I tried a lot of manipulation without success. Reflashing was the only way to get it back working.

ekkostar

Vu+ Newbie
told you, I had exactly the same. Too bad we don't find a solution... moved files to bad locations ? I don't think so. My guess is a hidden cache file somewhere with corrupted config or something like that. I tried a lot of manipulation without success. Reflashing was the only way to get it back working.

The only thing I've found is if you copy the files to etc/ engima2 and the LCD will not display properly. It does not matter how many times you restart the LCD via LCD4Linux. No need to reflash image or anything as drastic as that. You have to hit menu button and simply load new config via the machine. It works.

If you flashed once and tried a lot of 'manipulation' and could not get it to work. Corrupted config or hidden cache? Doubt it. As you say you re-flashed and it worked. The 'manipulation' very much sounds where your issues were