Duo2 - Possible to modify the VFD info?

chadmanfoo

Vu+ Newbie
I bought a new VU Duo2 yesterday and have been able to modify the LCD display with the help of LCD4Linux and the excellent template created by EV0. I would really like to be able to change the info displayed on the VFD also (to perhaps display epg info instead of channel name, etc). I know this has something to do with editing the skin_user.xml file, and have seen plenty of community made examples for the Ultimo but am struggling to find anything for the Duo2. Can this be done, and if so, could someone kindly point me in the right direction?

Yes, of course you can. In BH you must edit /etc/enigma2/skin_user.xml if I'm remember right. But make a backup copy of your original skin_user.xml first

Attaching Ev0's, later modified by myself. But now not remember if is a Army_Bold_G.ttf font in original BH imahe. If not, you must to add it to /usr/share/fonts/, or edit skin_user.xml, changing it with another font you like from the /usr/share/fonts/ location

Attachments

Attaching Ev0's, later modified by myself. But now not remember if is a Army_Bold_G.ttf font in original BH imahe. If not, you must to add it to /usr/share/fonts/, or edit skin_user.xml, changing it with another font you like from the /usr/share/fonts/ location

Thanks Vytenis. That is amazingly helpful. You the man!

Back