DVB-C, CI+, and (maybe) Kodi: But how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MighytDuck

Vu+ Newbie
Hi!

I'm a little stuck with my problem, I hope there are some experts who can help me out. :)
I would like to watch my paid cable (DVB-C) channels, preferably through Kodi, but if it couldn't work, then simple HDMI would work to.
I've got a paid card with a CI+ modul, which I can use with my TV, but it's only a half-smart TV. :/ (It's slow, you cannot reoder channels, etc...)
I've got a raspberry Pi 3 with Kodi on it, so a USB-tuner wouldn't hep me out, since they cannot handle CI+, only CI.

After reading a few google hits, I've got a few ideas:
1.) Buy a DVB-C receiver with a CI+ slot, and use it with the HDMI output through my amplifier.
2.) Buy a DVB-C receiver with a CI+ slot, and try to watch TV with my existing Kodi on rpi3.
3.) Buy a DVB-C receiver with a CI+ slot, and put Kodi on it, and watch TV and films on it, and discard my previous kodi device.

And of course 3 > 2 > 1.

I'm not sure if which ideas are doable, which could be even illegal (FYI, I'm paying for my CI+ module and card, I'm not trying to share it or get it for free), what receivers would fit my need, and what software would I need for that. Otherwise I'm good with computers, but this is a completly new area for me. :)

Thank you for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back