Request (DVB-S) FEC 5/6 shows as 4/5 - Any help?

sato

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys,
this request is going to all good fellas, who work on the wonderful Black Hole image. I appreciate all the work you do guys and I like your image a lot, but I still struggle of the problem that I mentioned in February http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/dvb-s-fec-5-6-shows-as-4-5.5304/ and no one seems to be interested. That`s why I`m writing you again and asking you for a favor.
Can you look at this problem and try to solve it in next Black Hole image, please? Of course if you can. Otherwise it would be more than good if somebody from the team said a few word why we (not only me) have this problem. Switching to HD Glass skin is not the solution and I have no intention to use other image then BH.
I have decided to post it here as this "nonsense info about FEC" still continues even I use BH 1.7.3 image.

Thank you for any reply or information.

Sincerely yours great supporter
sato

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be independent and your TV screen will never be the same.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 19

sato

Vu+ Newbie
Transponder images showed are taken from Lyngsat.com ® satellite chart and are used for information purposes to point to the problem that continues. FEC on any channel with 5/6 is showed as 4/5 no matter what satellite, provider or frequency the receiver is....

1) 23.5*E Astra 3B & Thor 2 - frequency 11836 H FEC 5/6 - info shows 4/5
2) 28.5*E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2B - frequency 10758 V FEC 5/6 - info shows 4/5
3)28.5*E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2B - frequency 10964 H FEC 5/6 - info shows 4/5

Attachments

• 11836 H 27500 5.JPG
    11836 H 27500 5.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 10758 V 22000 5.6.JPG
    10758 V 22000 5.6.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 10964 H 22000 5.6.JPG
    10964 H 22000 5.6.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 4

sato

Vu+ Newbie
It is not only on a few channels.. Check any satellite or frequency where SR 5/6 is used and you will see! It is on every channel that uses that SR. I don`t agree with you that it is a "cosmetic" problem only as this information is very important as I do take screen shots of TV stations. Can you imagine that you upload somewhere some pictures and the info is not correct? Would you be not ashamed for that cr*p? Usually people check Frequency, SR and FEC if they are about to search for a new channel. It is really pity that people on this forum keep solving lots of other problems that are irrelevant and nobody is interested in this. I would be more than happy if people from the BH Team wrote a few words as this "nonsense" information shows on the default skin that appears straight away after a new BH image is loaded. Or nobody out there from the BH Team cares??????????????????? Other image can show the FEC correctly, so why shouldn`t the BH do the same? It is very good image and I like it, but please do something about that SR, will ya? By doing this you`ll show that you do not only care about details as they do matter too, but mostly that you can improve the image to its best! Look is not everything...it is the information that matters really.

Matrix10

Administrator
I think this is a good question
I will ask our coder to view this .
I'm not sure who needs to fix this,
Vu+ company the base coding or BH team.

sato

Vu+ Newbie
P.S.: I made a mistake, so I do apologize as I can`t edit the sentence: "It is very good image and I like it, but please do something about that SR, will ya?"
I meant the following: It is very good image and I like it, but please do something about that FEC, will ya?

Anyway, thank you very much Matrix10 for getting involved and your interest in this issue. I strongly believe that if people from the BH team get involve, somebody will find the solution and the problematic FEC information will be fixed.

Thanks again :thanks:and keep us informed, please.

Regards
sato

Shiro

BH-C
No problem.
Nobody noticed the bug before this is the only reason because it is not fixed.
I will post a fix to test soon.

x-xxxA

Vu+ User
OK here is the fix:

1) Unzip the file
2) Upload it overwriting the original in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Blackhole
3) restart gui

Let me know if it all ok.

It worked well to me. I checked Frequency 11836H 23.5E and now it is showing 5/6 as it should be. Thanks for the quick response.

sato

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Shiro,

I am really pleased to inform you, that the FEC 5/6 problem has been completely sorted out and my big THANK YOU goes to you and other people who are behind this fix. I hope it will be implemented to the next images that will be released in the future....

I would like to ask you for one more favor even I`m not completely sure if the BH Team can do something about it. But I believe you can, guys! As I and I believe many other fellas as well, use the VU+ receivers not only for watching TV channels, but mostly for reception of TV stations, it is important to us to use all sorts of SR. From the highest let`s say SR 30000 to the lowest possible. My request is, whether you can do something about the low SR reception - it is from SR 500 upwards.
It would be a great if something could be done about this, too.

Thanks for all your effort and time you all sacrifice for Black Hole image.:kiss:

Regards
sato

sato

Vu+ Newbie
Seeing is believing, so here are some pictures to prove, that your fix really works and you have done a great job!

Pictures before the fix being installed: BBC 2.jpgITV 2.jpgMarkiza.jpgSTV 1.jpgTA 3.jpg

After installation: BBC 2.jpg ITV 2.jpgMarkiza.jpgSTV 1.jpgTA 3.jpg

Shiro

BH-C
No prob i have already committed the fix in Bh git for the future releases.
It was only a little and stupid fix of a typo.