E2 Settings

Basil

Vu+ User
I have yet another newbie questions on settings.
1.Are settings IMAGE dependent,e.g can i download settings from vix forum & upload to a box that runs on BH?
2.I noticed that these settings are different as in some are meant for motorized & some are for specific sats combination..how do i upload a motor setting to a motor configured tuner and another to a multi lnb configured tuner?
3.Some of the channels are not opened even though i have a good signal & some has just N/A written to them,could it be i uploaded the wrong settings? Must i rescan the sats after uploading the settings,i do sometimes but can't seem to know what am doing wrong or missing in the setup.
A newbie guide will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

niglou

BH Lover
1- you must check where "satellite.xml" and "services, bouquets" are situated (for bh image, the first is in /etc/tuxbox and the second is in /etc/enigma2.)

2- the tuner setup is independant from the channels list; the channels list is the same for everybody; the tuner setup is only for your own configuration.
2+ - From kingofsat you can have all sats from 68.5 east to 58° west which represents thousands of channels over dozens of languages. This will take a lot of memory if you want them all.... so that is the reason why only a selection is proposed.

3- If you give a look to kingofsat for example, you will see that every day there are changes in frequencies; so if your settings are old, it is likely that a lot of channels will not work.

The best is to do yourself your own channel list.

I will post a howto with dreamset : within few minits you can download from internet any sat and bouquets you want, and class them in favourites list.

Basil

Vu+ User
1- you must check where "satellite.xml" and "services, bouquets" are situated (for bh image, the first is in /etc/tuxbox and the second is in /etc/enigma2.)

2- the tuner setup is independant from the channels list; the channels list is the same for everybody; the tuner setup is only for your own configuration.
2+ - From kingofsat you can have all sats from 68.5 east to 58° west which represents thousands of channels over dozens of languages. This will take a lot of memory if you want them all.... so that is the reason why only a selection is proposed.

3- If you give a look to kingofsat for example, you will see that every day there are changes in frequencies; so if your settings are old, it is likely that a lot of channels will not work.

I will post a howto with dreamset : within few minits you can download from internet any sat and bouquets you want, and class them in favourites list.
Thanks for this write up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Lateron

Vu+ Newbie

Thanks very much! Explains a liitle more. Did you (niglou) post that "howto with dreamsat"?