Enable picon?

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
I have the latest versionnof OBH 3.0.9 with a external usb drive connected. I have created a folder /media/usb/picon and placed images there. But the picons does bot show up for each channel. Since there is no option to enable or dosable picons from the menu why are they not displayed?

And if I download picons using green-yellow-addoms download manager - picons packages. Where would those images be placed? I want them to be on my external usb drive so that the receiver doesnt have to look on the internal harddrive every time I switch channel

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
You have the image in OMB, is that it?

There are two ways to place the picons:

# on a USB stick where you create a folder called picon and send the picons inside.

# In the box firm itself in usr/share/enigma2 create a folder called picon and send the picons there.

If you are in OMB you only need this picon folder created only once ... or it is on the USB stick where you have the OMB and then the pen must have a partition for the OMB and another for the picon folder among others or, not being in OMB you use one of the ways described above.

In any case, it is always better to place the picons on a UBS pen, not because of the space that they eventually occupy, but because you put yourself in the flash of the box when the formats are lost, being necessary to install them again.

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
I only have Open Black Hole on my receiver, and I did place the images in media/USB/picon folder but they do not show up...

AlexWilMac

But the picons does bot show up for each channel. Since there is no option to enable or dosable picons from the menu why are they not displayed?
If you don't have some picon is simply because the package you downloaded has not them all.
I don't recommend you to download from the panel: until some time ago, they were old packages (have you read their date in the info screen?).
I prefer to download them from the Internet and adding to my folder.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
It will probably have to do with the size / type of the picons.
See if they are in the respective folder ...

KYxbSJg.png

AlexWilMac

There is nothing to enable and, clearly, he meant BH 3.0.9.
If he already has some picons but not other ones, what is he supposed to enable???? Please, don't confuse users if you are not sure.

AlexWilMac

This is not the point! Go to one of the channel you don't have the picon displayed, find its reference (for instance by the OWIF or by the GUI info themselves) and then look for the correspondent file.
If you have the file but the picon is not displayed, transfer it to your PC and check its size. If it's not 220x132 it means you download some wrong package, and the last overwrote the previous one.
I see you are a bit confused because in the first post you said you have OBH 3.0.9 and I thought you meant BH 3.0.9, because OBH has a completely different version numbering.
What is you image? What is your VU+? Not that this matters a lot: BH and OBH use the same picons in the same paths, but just for our curiosity...

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry, I have OBH 4.3.0.27

If I have a channel with service reference name: 1:0:16:1B88:1:46:E080000:0:0:0what should the corresponding file be named? I have images on some channels but the names doesnt match the service reference name found in UI

If you are edit your picons drop the service refererance and give the service name instead then you don lose your picons when service referance get change and you picons want be outdated.

ex, lets say you need a picon for BBC World just name the picon bbcworld.png and you have a working picon.
BBC World HD becomes bbcworldhd.png and so on

for iptv you must add the crappy stuff around the channel name
ex, VIP UK BBC World HD becomes vipukbbcworldhd.png

AlexWilMac

Good to know! :)
But the problem is: he needs to know is he's already got this icon (and, for some reasons, it is not shown) or he doesn't have this picon.
Now, if he has got it, he needs to find.
@magmo : as I said, the simplest way is to use the OWIF (Open WebInterface). Load it by typing in a browser from a PC connected to the same router of your VU+, your IP address.
Click on "Current" and you'll get exactly the reference name. Copy it and your picon will be a file with this name and the extension .png

In your case, 1:0:16:1B88:1:46:E080000:0:0:0 will be shown as
1_0_16_1B88_1_46_E080000_0_0_0.

Search for this file in your picon folder: if you don't have any file named 1_0_16_1B88_1_46_E080000_0_0_0.png that's why you have no picon shown ;)

If you have, check its size.

My advice is to copy all your picons in your PC and work from there. Then you can transfer or sync your PC's folder and your VU+.

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
If you are edit your picons drop the service refererance and give the service name instead then you don lose your picons when service referance get change and you picons want be outdated.

ex, lets say you need a picon for BBC World just name the picon bbcworld.png and you have a working picon.
BBC World HD becomes bbcworldhd.png and so on

for iptv you must add the crappy stuff around the channel name
ex, VIP UK BBC World HD becomes vipukbbcworldhd.png

Thanks, the service reference name for a channel had some typos and also was to time consuming to fix. I therefore named all picons with their names as you suggested. This worked fine.

Note: When using OBH one is not restricted to size 220x132 since OBH scale down images. But yes I do have all my images in size 220x132 px

AlexWilMac

???
It doesn't take... anything and any time.
Where did you save them? I hope not in flash.
Apart from flash, there are two paths for picons:
/media/usb/picon
/media/hdd/picon

So, connect by a FTP client or other ways and check.
But, above all, have you enabled them it he various menus? You can have them shown in channel list, in the Graphic Grid EPG and so on. But you need to enable them by setting these options.

Gezzdoc

Vu+ Newbie
???
It doesn't take... anything and any time.
Where did you save them? I hope not in flash.
Apart from flash, there are two paths for picons:
/media/usb/picon
/media/hdd/picon

So, connect by a FTP client or other ways and check.
But, above all, have you enabled them it he various menus? You can have them shown in channel list, in the Graphic Grid EPG and so on. But you need to enable them by setting these options.

Now there's a thing!
From Addons panel, I'm apparently installing Chocolousek's Picons to /media/usb/picon, but nothing there on FTP (apart from changelog txt file!) :lamo:
Am assuming external HD connected via USB, treated as USB? (nothing in media/hdd/picon either)

Failing all that; best source of Picon set for 9E, 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E & 28.2E?
Solo SE V2, OBH 4.3

AlexWilMac

I don't know those files because (if you had read it you would notice yourself) they are very outdated. I rather download them from the Internet. There are many websites.
Then I have been using them either from internal HDD (SSD, actually, but this doesn't matter) or from a USB external drive.

Gezzdoc

Vu+ Newbie
I don't know those files because (if you had read it you would notice yourself) they are very outdated. I rather download them from the Internet. There are many websites.
Then I have been using them either from internal HDD (SSD, actually, but this doesn't matter) or from a USB external drive.

Fair enough
In my case I was after the simple/quick route rather than best/most up to date
Lots of other things to do in life

Will go hunting

AlexWilMac

Yes: the fashion of fast and furious is a well known one.
Don't worry: you are not the only busy man in the world: we all are.
But the fastest route is the worst. When we don't get the results we were waiting for, we should be aware of that.
Hundreds of channels have changed since many of those files were released...