Enabling File history windows 8.1

msakr

Vu+ Newbie
I was trying to enable file history feature of windows 8.1 and I want to copy the files to the hard disk mounted on my VuUno with Blackhole 2.1.4, but I receive an error "the system cannot find the file specified".
The hard disk is mounted and I can view it in file explorer of windows 8.1
Any ideasCapture.JPG

I was trying to enable file history feature of windows 8.1 and I want to copy the files to the hard disk mounted on my VuUno with Blackhole 2.1.4, but I receive an error "the system cannot find the file specified".
The hard disk is mounted and I can view it in file explorer of windows 8.1
Any ideasView attachment 19164

To set up a drive for File History
If you're going to use a new external drive, connect it to your PC. If you see a notification asking if you want to configure the drive for File History, tap or click it, and then turn on File History on the screen the appears.

Otherwise, follow these steps to choose either a network drive or an external drive that’s already connected to your PC.

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)

2. Enter File History settings in the search box, and then tap or click File History settings.

3. Tap or click Select a drive, and choose the network or external drive you want to use.

4. Turn on File History.
Note
If the network drive you want isn’t in the list of available drives, tap or click Show all network locations. If the drive you want isn’t listed there either, open File History in Control Panel, tap or click Add a network location, and follow the instructions on the screen.

( Extracted from Microsoft Resources )

best regards
nunigaia

Back