This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020. The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost. We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years. You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.

Enigmalight

Gezzdoc

Vu+ Newbie
Decided to experiment with this recently.
Installed in Solo SE V2 running OBH 4.3

Rebooted box after installation, except..................

... nothing

Black Hole flash screen at start them completely black
Thought I had bricked the box :chair:

To cut long story short, revived it by flashing with Open ATV 6.4
Was then able to re-flash to OBH

Is this a familiar story to anyone?
 
No. When a plugin causes problems, you should report it in its GitHub authors page.
What is supposed to do it? Or do you try plugins by chance?
If you have such a dangerous habit, I suggest you to schedule (in OBH is really simple, but also in some other images) a daily FullBackup so to get back to the last working one in case of tragic experiments.
 
Enigmalight I thought by now was a stable addon people use to try to create the Philips Ambilight effect (which is what I'm interested in).

It not working, or crashing the software wouldn't really have fazed me.
It was the whole business of not even being able to reflash the box (in which case I don't see how a back up helps). :cry:
Tried flashing with OBH 3 or 4 times before resorting to Open ATV
 
Back
Top