EPG and minor other questions..

lxt1024

Vu+ Newbie
Hi. I have a VU+ Duo2 with dual S2 and dual T2. Loving the box especially how quick it is to operate. However, not much use until I can sort the EPG so I can record stuff for the mrs :)

1- On alot of the Freeview channels the epg is gibberish text like & - |(@ though sometimes I noticed it corrects itself when on the channel? Any ideas on fixing this in the EPG? I'm guessing its data within the dvb-t2 signal? Or will this not be an issue with correct internet epg set up? I can't tell what data source the epg is using. I think I've used CrossEPG to setup OpenEPG for SlyUK and guess this doesn't touch freeview programs? Do I use a Rytek UK for freeview? I also saw in the original VU image something about autobouquets and only showing FTA channels but not in BH. Some channels like More4 HD show black screen and double press OK shows info with "ND" in red which I assume means not decrypted but it's Freeview channel in this case. Same for QVC Beauty HD which does not show ND? There are no default service lists in the menu setting so maybe I need the Default Service Scanner extension?

2- should I use a swapfile? Currently set to none.

3- any reason to have swapfile, picons on usb stick?

4- does deep standby lose any functionality other than turn of LCD, maybe slower turn on and possibly stop remote access/streaming?

5- does Web interface plugin have any advantages over whats offered via OpenWebif web access?

6- OpenWebif works great, but if set http authentication on and/or https authentication where do I set the login details? Also, how many remote users can access? Seems to be the one port?

7- my ealier post of disk initialisation was solved with BH update and skin update. Don't know if related, but I have no mount points showing which I'm sure I did for the drive (I re-initialised after switching to BH image)

8- is there a way to have a last channel button?

Hope these queries can be quickly answered by a pro. I'm an IT person but new to sat enigma2 box. Main thing is to get a good epg running so I can be recording stuff. I pressume its best to have an epg/bouqet/fav and separate sat and freeview channels for recording purposes? I have seen other epg plugins that look nice but how would i set with one is used/default?

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide

Hi. I have a VU+ Duo2 with dual S2 and dual T2. Loving the box especially how quick it is to operate. However, not much use until I can sort the EPG so I can record stuff for the mrs :)

1- On alot of the Freeview channels the epg is gibberish text like & - |(@ though sometimes I noticed it corrects itself when on the channel? Any ideas on fixing this in the EPG? I'm guessing its data within the dvb-t2 signal? Or will this not be an issue with correct internet epg set up? I can't tell what data source the epg is using. I think I've used CrossEPG to setup OpenEPG for SlyUK and guess this doesn't touch freeview programs? Do I use a Rytek UK for freeview? I also saw in the original VU image something about autobouquets and only showing FTA channels but not in BH. Some channels like More4 HD show black screen and double press OK shows info with "ND" in red which I assume means not decrypted but it's Freeview channel in this case. Same for QVC Beauty HD which does not show ND? There are no default service lists in the menu setting so maybe I need the Default Service Scanner extension?

2- should I use a swapfile? Currently set to none.

3- any reason to have swapfile, picons on usb stick?

4- does deep standby lose any functionality other than turn of LCD, maybe slower turn on and possibly stop remote access/streaming?

5- does Web interface plugin have any advantages over whats offered via OpenWebif web access?

6- OpenWebif works great, but if set http authentication on and/or https authentication where do I set the login details? Also, how many remote users can access? Seems to be the one port?

7- my ealier post of disk initialisation was solved with BH update and skin update. Don't know if related, but I have no mount points showing which I'm sure I did for the drive (I re-initialised after switching to BH image)

8- is there a way to have a last channel button?

Hope these queries can be quickly answered by a pro. I'm an IT person but new to sat enigma2 box. Main thing is to get a good epg running so I can be recording stuff. I pressume its best to have an epg/bouqet/fav and separate sat and freeview channels for recording purposes? I have seen other epg plugins that look nice but how would i set with one is used/default?

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide

2) not needed on Duo2
3) because if you use HDD, this one will be turned on every time you see a picon
4) deep-standby stop all functions. If a recorded time is sheduled, the box turn on, do the job and then come back to deep-standby
5) WebInterface IS NOT DESIGNED FOR OUR BOXES SO DON'T BE USED ON VU+ AND IT CANNOT BE LEGALLY USED ON VU+ FOR WebInterface License.
6) Openwebif logins are the same of your box (root user credentials)

Cheers for the info and to clarify :

3- wouldn't the hd be running anyway when operating the box and seeing picons?

5- ok, I'm not worried about webinterface but confused as its in BH as a plugin/addon. (discretionary?)
6- what would default root login for BH be and easiest way to change this?

Cheers for the info and to clarify :

3- wouldn't the hd be running anyway when operating the box and seeing picons?

5- ok, I'm not worried about webinterface but confused as its in BH as a plugin/addon. (discretionary?)
6- what would default root login for BH be and easiest way to change this?

3- If you use a usb pen drive to have your picon's there the root trace on it must be:

/media/usb/picon , as soon as you change your current viewing channel, it will search on directory created and that have your "png" picon files, don´t acess your hdd, so your hdd if not used for other services ( per ex: like recording ), remains in standby.

6- the default login credentials for your Vuplus STB is:

user: root
password: ( leave this field blank ).

Note: If you got any issue on login, you can use a non blank password, and you can use for ex: vuplus

best regards
nunigaia

Cheers Nunigaia, so regarding usb and picons, having experience of Windows Media Centre, Sly and Virgin, does BH not run the hd in order to pause/rewind live TV?

Anyone able to give me more information as some of my questions haven't been answered yet.

I have researched more on epg though most posts on CrossEPG are old 2010-2013. I tried RytekUK but it hasn't effected the epg particularly the Freeview channels where more than half is showing garbled text characters? Could it be that its not overwriting EIT data or that the DVB-T channels are in a provider folder called UNKNOWN even though they are also in All Channels, and therefore not getting mapped?

Desperate to sort the epg :-(

Back