EPG Importer not running on schedule

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
Running BH 3.09, Vu+ Duo 4k

EPG importer runs fine for me when I run a manual import, but it isn't running on a schedule for me. The EPG remains blank beyond where I have imported manually, even after the scheduled import should have been run

It looks like it is set up to run every day, but it isn't actually running unless I do a manual import. I've attached pictures of my settings - note that my time zone is GMT+13

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

Can anyone suggest what I might have missed or any diagnostics or log files I should look at?

Just a simple notice but is your box in standby the automatic update whant run you have to enable that option in the settings

Thanks, I'll give that a try - I had assumed that deep standby was different to standby (my box is in standby, not deep)

I'll update the setting and see how it goes

No luck with changing the deep standby setting.
The EPG importer is scheduled to run at 10:10 am local time and I checked shortly after noon and no additional events had been downloaded.

I executed a manual scan and got another day's worth of events

Any other suggestions?

If you open EPG Import and then press Menu button you can read a logfile telling whats going on after update is running.

Also you can save the logfile to folder /tmp/ and with ftp copy to your computer amd then upload here so we might be able and see whats wrong
In settings have you choose to clear all epg before update? if so try and set to no and see if its makes any diffrence?

Thanks for the tip on finding the log file - I've attached it. It looks like my manual imports are showing up with the correct sources file but the automated/scheduled one isn't finding (or even looking for) the source.

I've tried all the permutations I can think of in terms of settings but haven't lucked on the right one yet.

Is there a step by step guide that I can follow to ensure that the importer looks for my sources file?

Clear EPG before import is set to no (and always has been)

Attachments

Accully your source are found and about 4700+ events are imported according to the logfile

Maybe your epg.dat file dont get updated when running in automode or could be corrupted
Go to menu>>epg>>Load Save Delete Epg, and delete the epg.dat file

Then restart enigma2 and try and do an autorun of EPG Import to see if that might help
And check log file if it gives some info about wherethe epg.dat is created

Those two successful imports in the log file were from when I ran the imports manually.

I've got autotimer installed but notice that its failing to run after the import

The successful import shown below is the import run manually, the last two lines I've highlighted are where the automated run failed to find the sources file I suspect

[EPGImport] autostart (0) occured at 1566350932.71
[EPGImport] autostart (0) occured at 1566350946.82
[EPGImport] WakeUpTime now set to 1566425135 (now=1566350946)
[EPGImport] Selected source: ['Matt Huisman NZ EPG ']
sourcesDone(): False None
[EPGImport] nextImport, source= Matt Huisman NZ EPG
[EPGImport] Downloading: http://i.mjh.nz/nz/epg.xml.gz to local path: /tmp/epgimport.gz
[EPGImport] Not cheching the server since nocheck is set for it: http://i.mjh.nz/nz/epg.xml.gz
[EPGImport] No IPv6, using IPv4 directly: http://i.mjh.nz/nz/epg.xml.gz
[EPGImport] afterDownload /tmp/epgimport.gz
[EPGImport] unlink /tmp/epgimport.gz
[EPGImport] afterChannelDownload None
[EPGImport] Parsing channels from '/etc/epgimport/nz.channels.xml'
[XMLTVConverter] Enumerating event information
Unknown channel: tv.redbull.tv
Unknown channel: tv.45
Unknown channel: tv.63
Unknown channel: tv.41
Unknown channel: tv.60
[EPGImport] imported 4921 events
[EPGImport] Save last import date and count event
[EPGImport] Wait for parse autotimers 30 sec.
[EPGImport] Could not start autotimers
[EPGImport] Run check deep standby after import
[EPGImport] #### Finished ####
[EPGImport] connectionLost [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionFdescWentAway'>: Uh: Filedescriptor went away.
]
[EPGImport] WakeUpTime now set to 1566425135 (now=1566350987)
[EPGImport] WakeUpTime now set to 1566352835 (now=1566352601)
[EPGImport] onTimer occured at 1566352835
[EPGImport] WakeUpTime now set to 1566439235 (now=1566352835)

It turns out no sources were saved to be imported by the importer. It runs every day but finds nothing to do.

It took me lots of clicking and pressing buttons on the remote in order to save the source I wanted to import, but unfortunately I'm not sure I could reproduce it.

If anyone has step-by-step instructions on how to save the selected sources for import, then please post them to the thread. I'm sure it's simple but I'm not sure I could isolate the steps and I don't want to undo what I've managed to get running!

Back