EPGIMPORT on latest blackhole 3.05

clvk07

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
Installed the latest image on a vu+ zero but cant find a version of epgimport that works.
Which should Iinstall?
Any ideas?

clvk07

Vu+ Newbie
Try telnet 2 commands:

opkg install python-pkgutil

opkg install xz

after I added these packages epgimport seems to work. However when epgimport starts to download for about 60 seconds the enigma spinning wheel (waiting) comes up and you can't do anything.

I will try crossepg tomorrow. thanks

clvk07

Vu+ Newbie
still no joy with crossepg complaining about the xz format of the source when I try to edit the rytec sources

Matrix10

Administrator
still no joy with crossepg complaining about the xz format of the source when I try to edit the rytec sources

There's nothing for editing there
you install the image and do it as I wrote it.
Update Rytec sources in the Crossepg panel and use it.

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    658.8 KB · Views: 155
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 137
  • shot3.jpg
    shot3.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 131

clvk07

Vu+ Newbie
got it to work thanks. I guess when it is downloading channels you cant do anything else.
Epg import was downloading on the background but crossepg seems to block any other activity. (sorry never used crossepg before)

Matrix10

Administrator
got it to work thanks. I guess when it is downloading channels you cant do anything else.
Epg import was downloading on the background but crossepg seems to block any other activity. (sorry never used crossepg before)

You can use Open Black Hole image with EPG import.If you think it's easier on your box.

AlexWilMac

AGAIN, as also Matrix wrote, EPGimport does not work under BH! Obviously, as CrossEPG does not work in background, you should set it to download at night. Simple.
The alternative, is installing OBH. But d'you know what? I prefer CrossEPG although I use OBH. The reasons are up to you to find.

clvk07

Vu+ Newbie
I think I am going to stick with BH for a while and live with this...... Can you set cross epg to download only 1 day? cant see any settings for the number of days

AlexWilMac

What do you mean by "only 1 day"? Once per day? Of course: enable CrossEPG and you'll see the option about the time for the download.

AlexWilMac

No, there is no option like that and, in case, it would not be so useful as you believe because only the first time it downloads many days. Afterwards, it does not download the events already existing.
But all this talking is a nonsense because we all set CrossEPG to download at night. So, a minute or a hour is the same.

clvk07

Vu+ Newbie
No, there is no option like that and, in case, it would not be so useful as you believe because only the first time it downloads many days. Afterwards, it does not download the events already existing.
But all this talking is a nonsense because we all set CrossEPG to download at night. So, a minute or a hour is the same.

I got it to work is not too bad. I understand that a minute or one hour is the same at night time, but I do not leave the box on at night time so at very boot is a pain..... I have scheduled to run at 11 before I turn the box off....

AlexWilMac

I do not leave the box on at night time

You don't need to leave the box on!!! You can leave in standby or also in Deestanby, of course. CrossEPG will wake the box up and then it'll put again in the same state it was before after he completes the task. Can you imagine all people using CrossEPG leaving the box switched on?

jity

Vu+ Newbie
No EPG import for Black Hole only for Open Black Hole
Use CrossEPG
I can see my iptv epg in egp impoter I selected and I manual downloaded 40000 events but I can't see the epg in the channels anything I can do? Thank you much.

twin

Vu+ Newbie
Attachments work in Vu + Zero4K without having to add anything extra.
Uses it for Norwegian Epg
Blackhole 3.0.5.L

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport_1.0-20180918_all.rar
    64.1 KB · Views: 96