Error Copying Kernal

Aliraza63

Vu+ Newbie
Box: Duo2 , Solo2
When try to upload image in Openmultiboot it get and error "Error Copying Kernal".
any advise ?

1_0_1_89C_5_63_3B60000_0_0_0.jpg

Aliraza63

Vu+ Newbie
Flash image is BH 3.0.5
Open multiboot installed in hdd When try to install any other sister image then it shows this msg in openmultiboot

AlexWilMac

As I wrote, FOR INSTANCE, give a short name to the file you want to install in OMB.
So if FOR INSTANCE, you want to install OBH 4.1, name it OBH4.zip.
And how is your HDD mounted? Are you able to use it to record? How is it formatted? I hope in Ext4.

AlexWilMac

Can you describe, exactly, the procedure you use to try and install an image in OMB? So that we can check if every steps are correct.

Aliraza63

Vu+ Newbie
copy the zip file in media/hdd/openmultiboot upload file
But all the old version before date 10 January works seamlessly . it seems the error is actually in Openmultiboot plugin which is not currently compatible with new engima2 libs which are being used some days before and number of images have been updated to new core . OpenBH works fine but only other new nightly builds fresh releases have problem . on the other hand their one month old versions works fine.

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

As I abandoned BH, as the main image, many months ago, I now use OBH in flash and I have still BH installed in OMB. So, I can't try the OMB way of working from BH.
Maybe, you can try this scheme as well: OBH in flash and BH305 in OMB to see what happens. Mine's working.

jrbmw

Vu+ User
open multiboot not working propely on obh.Open pli I had in multiboot disappeared after image update.Reloaded a backup I have ,but it does not show in the plugin when I boot from multiboot another image
it shows in the choices and boots when selected

AlexWilMac

open multiboot not working propely on obh.Open pli I had in multiboot disappeared after image update.Reloaded a backup I have ,but it does not show in the plugin when I boot from multiboot another image
it shows in the choices and boots when selected

Before posting such a UNIVERSAL sentences, one should be SURE it's a general issue. I cann assure you that OMB works PERFECTLY under OBH as I've been using it without problems since OBH 0.6 became my main image, that is the one in flash. And can you imagine no other one would post something if it was like you claim?

jrbmw

Vu+ User
Well Ive been using omb and obh since it first came out and had no problems. Its not neccessarily a universal problem as you put it but what has happened to my image and issues it seems with others....happened after after the last obh update Reflashed the duo 2 with latest bh 3.05a and omb didnt work properly in that either so Ive gone back to a backup from Jan and all ok. This forum is not only for UNIVERSAL issuses but also to help anyone that needs it.

nunigaia

Well Ive been using omb and obh since it first came out and had no problems. Its not neccessarily a universal problem as you put it but what has happened to my image and issues it seems with others....happened after after the last obh update Reflashed the duo 2 with latest bh 3.05a and omb didnt work properly in that either so Ive gone back to a backup from Jan and all ok. This forum is not only for UNIVERSAL issuses but also to help anyone that needs it.

The problem you are descriving is not a OpenBH issue and even a OpenMultiboot problem, but indeed about OpenPli images that are not able to run when running in OpenMultiboot. OpenPli corrupts the kernel ... and this why you don´t see other images installed and you are not able to boot even the "flash" image. I think the same is happen with Vti images.

I can warrant that OpenBlackHole in flash ... when running OpenMultiboot, can boot and run with no issues:

• Open BlackHole 4.1
  • OpenVix 5.1
  • OpenAtv 6.1
  • OpenSpa 7.1
  • BlacKHole 3.0.5 and up version
  • Vuplus OE 3.0 Oficial image
  • Othe based OE-A 4.1 images
Am i right? ;)

A few times ago ... OpenPli images cannot even detect HDD when running under OpenMultiboot, so i quit to test OpenPli under OpenMultiboot.

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

You wrote: "open multiboot not working properly ON obh" and this means that UNDER OBH OMB does not work. Instead, you have BH in flash and you tried to use OBH in OMB. The opposite.
I abandoned BH as my main image, so I don't know the situation now. So, according to nunigaia, there is an issue.
But if you install OBH in flash, you won't have any problems at using BH in OMB and you'll have the chance of choosing between both images.

jrbmw

Vu+ User
The problem you are descriving is not a OpenBH issue and even a OpenMultiboot problem, but indeed about OpenPli images that are not able to run when running in OpenMultiboot. OpenPli corrupts the kernel ... and this why you don´t see other images installed and you are not able to boot even the "flash" image. I think the same is happen with Vti images.

I can warrant that OpenBlackHole in flash ... when running OpenMultiboot, can boot and run with no issues:

• Open BlackHole 4.1
  • OpenVix 5.1
  • OpenAtv 6.1
  • OpenSpa 7.1
Am i right? ;)

A few times ago ... OpenPli images cannot even detect HDD when running under OpenMultiboot, so i quit to test OpenPli under OpenMultiboot.

best regards
nunigaia

I use obh in the flash and I knew theres issuses with open pli in mutiboot. However I have been able to install and use open pli in omb with success for some time now ...... until the last update which I believe the kernel was updated.
So Nunigaia I think you have hit on the reason, must admit as open pli was running ok in omb I had forgot about the kernel clashes. Will delete open pli ,shame theres issuses although I prefer bh images its nice to have a change now and then
Regards

jrbmw

Vu+ User
You wrote: "open multiboot not working properly ON obh" and this means that UNDER OBH OMB does not work. Instead, you have BH in flash and you tried to use OBH in OMB. The opposite.
I abandoned BH as my main image, so I don't know the situation now. So, according to nunigaia, there is an issue.
But if you install OBH in flash, you won't have any problems at using BH in OMB and you'll have the chance of choosing between both images.

I do use obh as my main image in flash as its more flexible I just tried bh in flash to see if it made any difference to omb
Ive used bh in the flash with obh in omb and had no problems.

Aliraza63

Vu+ Newbie
Currently the OBH version 4.1 is far better then any other running nightly build series.
Its not only the stable image but also have the superb picture quality as well.
Personally I have become fan of OBH . No issues at all in Openmultiboot to .

mccann007

Vu+ User

• Open BlackHole 4.1
  • OpenVix 5.1
  • OpenAtv 6.1
  • OpenSpa 7.1
Am i right? ;)

best regards
nunigaia

how about vti 13 ..did you install with OMB?