External HDD format .

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
Does any one know how long it takes for BH 2.0.7 to format external 1TB HDD to EXT4? I've stated it approximately 40 minutes ago and it's still going....

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
Ok I didn't get any reply but I stopped the format via init 1 command after 8 hours. I have no idea whether or not it has formatted as I can't check file system with BH and it does not display results. I have also tried to check the file system with Windows but it says HDD not formatted.
Does any one has any idea or shall I do format via laptop if so any suggestion for a good & free windows software?

el bandido

Vu+ User
Does the receiver recognize the hard drive as being installed? If the answer is yes then try backing up the software. This trick worked for me when I was installing my 3TB hard drive.

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
It does do the settings back up and record movies. This HDD was connected to another Box couple of years ago but just can't establish the file system on it. I might format it with my laptop now.
Thanks for your reply.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
It does do the settings back up and record movies. This HDD was connected to another Box couple of years ago but just can't establish the file system on it. I might format it with my laptop now.
Thanks for your reply.

Telnet to your box from PC with HDD connected and do command "mount". You should see all mounted devices.

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your reply.
I connected the HDD to my laptop and checked it with Mini Tool software. It looks like BH did format HDD to EXT4. So I'm sorted now to use Meoboot.

jity

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your reply.
I connected the HDD to my laptop and checked it with Mini Tool software. It looks like BH did format HDD to EXT4. So I'm sorted now to use Meoboot.
I'm tryin to format my 1Tb with Bh now 10 hours any Adea?