Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020.
The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost.
We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years.
You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.
I am trying to use an external remote ie: my phone with Yatse to be able to control xbmc. There is a section in services where you enable control of xbmc via http which allows you to add external devices. When I try to enable this I get webserver failed to start. Can anyone help out here or is this something not meant for Linux? It works fine with my android box.
open xbmc go to settings-system- internet access - use an HTTP proxy server to access internet
then go to system-services-webserver allow control of xbmc via http
Thanks for the reply but why would I need a proxy server for the remote when everything else works fine? I also don't need a proxy for my android box either.
Btw I have tried what you suggested but it still says connection to webserver failed.
Thanks for the reply but why would I need a proxy server for the remote when everything else works fine? I also don't need a proxy for my android box either.
Btw I have tried what you suggested but it still says connection to webserver failed.
I am trying to use an external remote ie: my phone with Yatse to be able to control xbmc. There is a section in services where you enable control of xbmc via http which allows you to add external devices. When I try to enable this I get webserver failed to start. Can anyone help out here or is this something not meant for Linux? It works fine with my android box.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.