freezing and pixelating

mousey2

Vu+ Newbie
hi guys!

I am new here. I am running a VU+Duo box with VIX firmware. when I change channels, more so on HD channels freezing and pixelation is occurring. has anyone got a solid answer to solving this? even if it is a complete new set up from scratch, I would rather have a system that runs solidly than the annoying pixelation I am getting right now.

just for info, its VIX . Crossepg etc etc, all epg thingies and logs are set to save to hdd not the internal flash.

thanks for any helpful responses guys!

mousey2

Last edited:
hi

thanks for the reply. could you please without any bias to blackhole answer me which one is really best? vix or bh? and a summary of reasons why? I only intend on using my box quite basically, as you would use a normal sky+ box etc. I am quite aware that my VU+Duo is capable of lots of stuff but I will look to make use of those features once the basics are sorted i.e. the pixellating stopping! lol

cheers

mousey2

It's easy to try and verify an image by yourself: it takes only few minutes to flash a new image on your box, you can switch the images as many times as you need.
Don't be worried, there are no problems in flashing many times.

Which image to use remains a personal taste: I prefer Black Hole, also for the great support behind this image.:)

Back