Greenscreen

woodpoleman

Vu+ Newbie
I've had my VU+ Duo since 2011 it went green screen looped a couple of times didn't recover and is now permanently green. The screen says it is a software fault while updating the EPG. Is this something I can recover or if not where can I get the fix please? I called a repairer today who hadn't heard of VU+ Duo, which didn't give me confidence. I have Dreambox Enigma installed but notice here that people refer to Blackhole, is the latter a better option. I may have caused the problem myself by amending the plug-ins to stop the box wanting to shut down every evening at 8:15 to update the EPG.

Im undserstend you have last version image BH to your box or whot version?
DUO is first generation box; in this box alot people used light OBH image and next have on multiboot BH/OBH/..
Good is too setup swap on this box.

i have had problems like that blue/green and even black screens and a couple of no ca's found over the years but that was with dreambox 800hd se,mainly through lack of space i am not sure if it possible with vu , i have a solo etc!, but i used dreamup 1.3.3.4 with a program called enforcer for the dreambox using a windows 7, also in the past an xp helped me, the address is www.sifteam.eu/downloads/dreambox/5105-dreamup-enforcer.html , you could give it a try to get in the box, my guess there will be way but it was the dreambox which was all the trouble, have you tried putting a blackhole image in a usb and try to ride over the problem?

Thanks but at this stage I'm not familiar with the terminology nor how I would go about a fix since the box is not responding to any of the controls. I was hoping somebody could point me somewhere where I could get somebody fix it for me.

Back