GSD because of skins too frequent

AlexWilMac

It's quite frankly difficult to understand how it is possible to cause GSD in loop (and then impossible or very difficult to solve without flashing again) just downloading a skin from BH server. The skins on server should be "certified", in a sense. And if not compatible with some BH version, this shlould result in their name.
And, at least with 2.1.4, this is not an uncommon event but it happens with many skins.
I haven't tried them all, but surely some fullHD ones cause GSD.
And, about fullHD skins: is there any compatible with 2.1.4? Unfortunately, I cannot install 2.1.5 and over because of some problems with my equipment.

nunigaia

It's quite frankly difficult to understand how it is possible to cause GSD in loop (and then impossible or very difficult to solve without flashing again) just downloading a skin from BH server. The skins on server should be "certified", in a sense. And if not compatible with some BH version, this shlould result in their name.
And, at least with 2.1.4, this is not an uncommon event but it happens with many skins.
I haven't tried them all, but surely some fullHD ones cause GSD.
And, about fullHD skins: is there any compatible with 2.1.4? Unfortunately, I cannot install 2.1.5 and over because of some problems with my equipment.

No! FullHD Skins were implemented, afaik, and as far i remember, on January 2015, on Black Hole 2.1.5 launching! So it´s not recommended to install this skins on prior images, like Blackhole 2.1.4.
Now it´s time to Blackhole 2.1.7 and Open Blackhole 0.1, all we have to forget the past, and looking to the future!

More, a skin launched and optimized for Blackhole 2.1.7, may not work with 2.1.6!

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Mi sembra di sì: ma ho fatto tante di quelle prove (soprattutto con le estensioni e i settings), anche le più strane, che adesso non ne sono sicuro!
Questo finesettimana voglio riprovare (per ora sono tornato alla 2.1.4).
Ma una cosa ho dimenticato di dire: quando insorgeva quell'errore su tutti i canali DT, il segnale era comunque presente e fortissimo...

nunigaia

Mi sembra di sì: ma ho fatto tante di quelle prove (soprattutto con le estensioni e i settings), anche le più strane, che adesso non ne sono sicuro!
Questo finesettimana voglio riprovare (per ora sono tornato alla 2.1.4).
Ma una cosa ho dimenticato di dire: quando insorgeva quell'errore su tutti i canali DT, il segnale era comunque presente e fortissimo...

Sorry Alex, but here only in English, please!

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Getting back to the right thread, if the FullHD are not compatible to 2.1.4, either shoult they not be present in the server list or they should be "advised" in the name itself which version they are designed for.
Not every users could be so experienced to go through forums just to know if they can install or not a simple thing like a skin!

nunigaia

Getting back to the right thread, if the FullHD are not compatible to 2.1.4, either shoult they not be present in the server list or they should be "advised" in the name itself which version they are designed for.
Not every users could be so experienced to go through forums just to know if they can install or not a simple thing like a skin!

Take a look here --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/open-blackhole-skin-for-blackhole.23936/#post-180570

On Blackhole 2.1.7 the skins dated from 9/07/2015 ( included ), are optimized to this firmware.

best regards
nunigaia