Solo2 HDMI issue

endy123

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, yesterday evening there was a storm in my area.
Lightnings were hitting all around my house, but none of them directly in my house all in close proximity.
Naturally satellite signal went off, so I switched to DVB-T.

After some time (with no coincidence with some close lighning), my VU+ Solo 2 stopped transmitting via HDMI (TV said no signal).

I tried different HDMI cables (that work with my notebook for example) and also tried different TV. But there is no signal.
So I let box off for an hour to see if there is heat issue or something.
Then I noticed, the HDMI is working for around 3 seconds when starting the box (i see for a while blackhole logo) then it goes off.

The analog coax video output is working.

Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it?
My box is three years old so warranty is already off :(

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

Mick12334

Try going into the menu, setup, system and AV settings, then alter the settings, to see if you can get the HDMI back.
You could also try re-flashing the image.
If nothing works then you might have a hardware fault, caused by the lightning, or power surge.

endy123

Vu+ Newbie
Try going into the menu, setup, system and AV settings, then alter the settings, to see if you can get the HDMI back.
You could also try re-flashing the image.
If nothing works then you might have a hardware fault, caused by the lightning, or power surge.
Thanks for the advice.. resave-ing AV settings did not help.. after hard restart, i see black hole intro screen (in RED :) ) and then it goes off..
I'll try to reflash the image, but it seems I lost this one, 2,5 years after buying, 1/2 year after warranty is off.. great :(

Mick12334

If the problem was caused by lightning you might be able to claim on your house insurance.
Does it still work using a scart lead?

endy123

Vu+ Newbie
Yep, scart works..
I tried today another TV and HDMI was again working for couple of seconds, this time the picture was having all kinds of colors :/ then the screen went off.

Mick12334

There is no official VU+ receiver called a VU+ Zero v2, either you have a clone receiver, or you have listed the wrong receiver.