Help / Won't boot after UBIFS USB

gating

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

My VU duo2 (genuine) won't boot after my attempt to update blackhole.

I was using blackhole and wanted to try open black hole, had the update message and then was block on the UBIFS USB message.

reseted, and now I don't even have the update message whatever the image (blackhole, openblackhole) tried with different USB key same issue.

I have the first black screen with the black hole logo, then I have the blue screen black hole booting but the device is not seen on the network (for SSH)

what can I do?!

You can't update Blackhole to Open Blackhole, they're two separate images.
I'm not sure I understand what you've tried to do but just flash Open Blackhole 1.0, using a FAT 32 formatted USB stick:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/openbh-1-0-vu-duo2.32303/

Don't re-load any backups, you might have, just do a fresh installation.

Thank you for your reply,
To be honest I don't even think I can run an updated, at the boot the system freeze and don't even display the update message.

I now how do you proceed with an update, but I can't think how to do a restore as new/ proper install either with Open Black hole or even try to recover my system with a normal back hole

If your receiver is booting then you can re-flash an image.
Try a different USB stick, and USB port, if the front USB port isn't working try the rear.
Turn off your receiver, using the rear switch, insert your USB stick, switch on, at the rear, and hold down the front power switch, don't wait for the message.
If it's not working then try downloading a fresh image.
Do you get the initial CFE message, after switching off, at the rear, and switching on again?
Which CFE v? is listed?
The message flashes on very quickly so you might have to do it a few times.

Back