This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020. The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost. We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years. You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.

How do I recover this failed usb drive installation?

smogmonster

Vu+ Newbie
I was trying to install a new wd 4tb powered usb drive to use with my vu+ uno 4k using black hole 3.04.

I have done this successfully in the past, but this time I messed up. I set the mount points as media/hdd instead of media/usb. When I restarted the receiver is stuck on the black hole logo.

I disconnected the usb drive and restarted the receiver successfully in an attempt to change the mount points back to media/usb, but without the drive connected there is not the option in device manager.

I should also say I did not format the disk in the disk format wizard as I should have done.

My question is: how can I undo these errors and get back to a position where I can start the installation from the beginning again?

Many thanks for any help.
 
I think I managed to sort it out. I disconnected the drive, restarted the receiver, then went into device manager and pressed save, and then restarted the box. Then I rwconnected the usb drive.

That took me back to a position where I can restart the installation and I am currently formatting the drive. With luck it will be ok now?

I suppose this could still be useful for anyone in the future who may find themselves in a similar situation.
 
Allways use the usb format tool before mount any new usb stick. almost all sticks come windows formated with a small section for Windows redyboost and that usally are not working with linux system like enigma2

This tool is just amazing since it partion, format and mount all usb stick the proper way with no problem :)
 
Back
Top