How do I set a timer for a radio channel using the browser interface?

jasjas

Vu+ Newbie
Title says it all - setting a timer for a radio channel using the TV/remote control UI is hard enough - is it possible via a web interface? I need to be able to record radio just as easily as I can record TV, and need to be able to set up either timer over the web.

Box: VU+ Duo 2, with latest (at Aug '14) Blackhole image, and using both sat and terrestrial inputs.

Thanks for any guidance,

James

@jasjas : Hard to set radio timer? :lol:
Menu>Timer>Green Add>Channel (select your Radio channel - press Radio on RCU in channel list)>Set Start and End time>Green OK

Much easier is when your Radio channel has an EPG : Radio on RCU>EPG>Add Timer...

Thanks for your useful reply, but I was specifically wondering how to do this using the web interface. The only channels showing when I go to the normal timer page are TV channels. When you go to the radio bouquet on the browser, and bring up the radio EPG pop-up, yes there is a timer button (clock icon) but it does not seem to do anything.
If perhaps the web UI does not work, is there a more low-level way to set up a radio timer?

Thanks for your useful reply, but I was specifically wondering how to do this using the web interface. The only channels showing when I go to the normal timer page are TV channels. When you go to the radio bouquet on the browser, and bring up the radio EPG pop-up, yes there is a timer button (clock icon) but it does not seem to do anything.
If perhaps the web UI does not work, is there a more low-level way to set up a radio timer?
Ti farò sapere. Devo fare reflash :D.

Sorry for Italian :). I'm a bit confused. You are right, isn't working.

Do you know of any other way to remotely set a timer to record a radio programme - even by editing some file by hand?

Fantastic! - I thought you were referring to the physical remote control. I had no idea that the virtual one was fully functioning, with screenshots etc. Really useful (if slow). I also did not know the trick of clicking "Radio" to get a radio channel to record from. It does seem to be difficult to select characters to type in the description box, but this is very minor. I would use the EPG, but have a separate problem (sep thread) where the EPG text is all garbled and unreadable. Another minor point is that the remote control image is out of date - my physical one is the newer one with the curved end and different layout. There are many clearer images on the web if, say, "audio" is indistinguishable from "radio".
Many thanks.

Back