This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020. The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost. We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years. You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.

How I can connect Vu+Duo2 to External NAS

jeivi

Vu+ Newbie
Hi friends,

I want to connect my Vu+Duo2 to NAS Synology DS216play to watch the films. My Synology is in my office (out of home). ¿What I need to do?

Thanks
 
Thanks superglud.

I have connected my Vu+Duo2 to a ethernet network with a Ds216play Synology external NAS. I have installed a network mount utility, but I don´t know what to fill in the parameters for connect with NAS.

This is what I tried:
Mount: AUTOFS
Activate: Activate
Local share map: Films
Type of connection: CIFS
Server IP: The IP address of my NAS. When I connect from outside I use xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5000
Server share: /Volume1/Films
HDD replacement: No
Connections options: rw, utf8
username: the admin username of my NAS
password: the admin password of my NAS


When I enter "mediacenter" I can see the folder "autofs" and within the same folder "films" but the last one is empty. On the NAS the folder "Films" has several movies. What could be the problem?

Thanks,,
 
Back
Top