How many Dishes with VU+ Duo2 ?

Eric45

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

How many satellites can i receive with the following configuration if i buy a VU+ Duo 2 :

1 Big Sat Antenna ( 13°, 19°, 28° ) with Twin lnbs linked to the receiver with two cables in order to use two tuners ( tuner A and tuner B ).

1 fixed antenna ( 23,5° ) with a single lnb linked to the receiver with one cable to fit a third tuner ( tuner C ).

What kind of tuners will i need :

Two DVB-S2 ( tuner A and B )
+ One Dvb-S2 ( tuner C )

and the fourth tuner ( tuner C ) could be used in the future for a fourth DVB-S2 use or a terrestrial antenna.

I would appreciate your comments since this receiver is not easy to understand for when i refer to the tuners and nb of dish to connect to it.

The Duo2 can have up to 4 internal DVB-S2 tuners (2 x dual modules = 4)
All these 4 tuners can work completely independent, so it's like having 4 separate receivers.
So the limiting factor are the available cables: if you have only 3 cables you don't need the fourth tuner, or you could replace one of your universal LNBs with a Unicable/SCR one.

If needed, more than 4 tuners can be achieved using external USB tuners.
There is a lot of configuration options for the Duo2.

You can run a lot more than that.
You don't need 3 tuners, to run your system, just 2 diseqc switches, 4 inputs, 1 output, will work, and they are quite cheap.
You can run 3 cables, from your large dish, and 3 x Twin LNB's to the first Diseqc switch, then the other 3 cables, from the second LNB output, on the twin LNB's, to the second Disecq switch. So now you have 2 cables, going into your receiver, 1 to each tuner, Tuner A and Tuner B.
Your 4th cable, from the 23.5E satellite can go into either Diseqc switch, unless you fit a twin LNB, so both tuners can receive 23.5E.
Let's assume the 23.5E cable is connected to the first Diseqc switch, and into Tuner A.
You now set up this Tuner to Simple Diseqc A,B,C,D, and scan each satellite, so Tuner A can now pick up all the channels from 13E, 19, 23.5E and 28E.
The second Diseqc switch you then connect to Tuner B, and select the same Simple Diseqc A,B,C,D but this tuner can only scan in 13E, 19E and 28E, as there is only one cable, from 23.5E.
This will allow you to record any channels, on Tuner A, 13E, 19E, 23.5E and 28E, and view channels on the same transponder, as the channel being recorded, or view/record any channel on Tuner B from 13E, 19E, or 28E.

Back