How to change streaming port from 8001 to 8003

imporio1

Vu+ Newbie
Dear all,

Does any of you know how to change streaming port on VU+ Solo4K with BH 3.0.2 from 8001 to any other, e.g. to 8003?

I followed instructions given in (vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-change-streaming-transcoding-port-from-8001-to-80.16765/), but it only changed port in .m3u playlist, meaning that actual streaming continued on port 8001.

Also, I asked for a help from Openwebif developer (github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif/issues/351), and he recommended me to change "8001 stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/streamproxy streamproxy" in inetd.conf file to "8003 stream tcp nowait root /usr/bin/streamproxy streamproxy" . I did so, but after rebooting line reverts back to the original one with port 8001.

I would be very grateful for any support!

horea

Vu+ Newbie
Hello
for firmware BlackHole 3.0.2.G
Setup->Plugins->TranscodingSetup->Port 80..?
I now use port 8002
I hope to be helpful to you

imporio1

Vu+ Newbie
Hello
for firmware BlackHole 3.0.2.G
Setup->Plugins->TranscodingSetup->Port 80..?
I now use port 8002
I hope to be helpful to you
Hi horea,

I wish changing port for a streaming would be as easy as it is for a transcoding (what you are refering to). :)

I need to change streaming port because of two satellite receivers which are working in the same local network, thus I'm not able to forward port 8001 for two different local IP addresses in order to watch streams from outside the local network.