How to change streaming (transcoding) port from 8001 to 80

streamer

Vu+ Newbie
Dear Sir,

First, thanks a lot for the unique imiges you are preparing for us!

I have the follwing problem:

I am having Vu+duo2 and I am using BlackHole 2.0.8.1.

Is it possible to change the streaming(transcoding) ports of VU+duo2 from 8001(8002) to 80 for example?

I have some ports limitation on my work and can not recieve the stream if it is using ports 8001(8002).

I read somewhere here, that to change the streaming ports i have to modify these files:
web.py
stream.py
stream.pyo

But, where are they, what program to use to edit them, and what shoud i edit?

Thanks in advance for your help!

zadow

Vu+ Newbie
edit web.py delete web.pyo

edit line 183

Code:
services["host"] = "%s:8001" % request.getRequestHostname()
to
Code:
services["host"] = "%s:80" % request.getRequestHostname()

plugin.py delete plugin.pyo
Code:
config.OpenWebif.streamport = ConfigInteger(default = 8001, limits=(1, 65535) )
to
Code:
config.OpenWebif.streamport = ConfigInteger(default = 80, limits=(1, 65535) )

M3u after changed

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true
http://myip:80/1:0:1:6E**:4**:1:C00000:0:0:0:
:D

Remember sometimes editing can really screw up your BOX so dont do it if your not sure howto edit files and see the difference between system files and extensions

believe

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

I use Enigma openATV. I do not find file web.py in folder: ftp://10.0.0.1/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/web.py. I find only file web.pyo there.

Also here: ftp://10.0.0.1/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/plugin.py there is only a .pyo file.

Can you please support me with instruction on changing port 8001 with another port for Enigma2 openATV.

Or how can I put a password for this stream 8001 because somebody is stealing personally from me my stream and I must either change the port or put a password.

Thank you in advance

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Sorry mate, all information here are relative to Black Hole.
All .py files might not be provided in other images, so check with the OpenATV support team.

imporio1

Vu+ Newbie
Hello!

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing a problem with changing Openwebif's streaming port from 8001 to 8003 on VU+ Solo4K with BH 3.0.2.

I followed zadow's instruction (edited both web.py and plugin.py, and deleted web.pyo and plugin.pyo). After that, I did both "Restart" and "Restart GUI". Now, when downloading m3u playlist from Openwebif, correct port is used in the playlist, but actual streaming continues on port 8001.

I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you in advance!

Pal Ryvaenge

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same problem as "imporio1", I made the changes and webif gives out m3u file with port 8003 as I set, but need to use 8001 to still work?

I have "hackers" trying to stream from my box so need another port than 8001, I know I can just change port in firewall but want the webif to give out the correct port for both internal and external use.

Any help or another file now that needs editing?

zadow

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same problem as "imporio1", I made the changes and webif gives out m3u file with port 8003 as I set, but need to use 8001 to still work?

I have "hackers" trying to stream from my box so need another port than 8001, I know I can just change port in firewall but want the webif to give out the correct port for both internal and external use.

Any help or another file now that needs editing?
i haven't looked into this lately i will try take a look the next days again.

Nino73

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys i have a goldenmedia sparkreload with openpli and since i have 4 decoders and they all have the same 8001 streaming port I did as written above but it does not go ie stream but not visual

nunigaia

Hi guys i have a goldenmedia sparkreload with openpli and since i have 4 decoders and they all have the same 8001 streaming port I did as written above but it does not go ie stream but not visual
You can change the default port I did as above but it does not go

So, you are not talking about Vuplus STB ( original ones ), you are O.T. in this board. There´s no support for other STB's rather then VuPlus and rather then images BlackHole or Open BlackHole images.

best regards
nunigaia