How to install new drivers

Tamaki

Administrator
Here is a little guide to install new VuPlus drivers.

FOR OLD KERNEL

First of all make a backup copy of the current drivers, copy all the files in
/lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra

When new drivers comes out, take tar.gz drivers file and unzip all files in
and replace old drivers.
Than reboot your decoder, that's all.

If image reboots correctly new drivers are compatible with your image, if image doesn't start it means that the drivers are not compatible and you have to wait for a image upgrade.
In this case to go back to old drivers, just connect with ftp and copy the drivers you backup before to:

FOR 3.1.1 KERNEL

/lib/modules/3.1.1/extra

/lib/modules/3.1.1/extra
and replace old drivers.

If image reboots correctly new drivers are compatible with your image, if image doesn't start it means that the drivers are not compatible and you have to wait for an image upgrade.
In this case to go back to old drivers, just connect with ftp and copy the drivers you backup before to:
/lib/modules/3.1.1/extra

FOR NEW 3.3.8 KERNEL

/lib/modules/3.3.8-2.0/extra

and replace old drivers.

If image reboots correctly new drivers are compatible with your image, if image doesn't start it means that the drivers are not compatible and you have to wait for an image upgrade.

Dzoni

BH Lover
A way to check whether or not the compatible is tasting.You need to back up the old drivers and put the new and the other is the possibility to ask for more experienced users if these drivers are compatible or not and soon you'll get an answer ! Regards.

kitsuneyo

Vu+ Newbie
First of all make a backup copy of the corrent drivers, copy all the files in

I can't seem to find the path /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra on my Vu+ Duo with BlackHole 1.6.6.

There is a 'lib' folder but no 'modules' underneath it.

Is there a different folder I should put these files in, or a different way to install?

Tamaki

Administrator
I can't seem to find the path /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.3/extra on my Vu+ Duo with BlackHole 1.6.6.

There is a 'lib' folder but no 'modules' underneath it.

Is there a different folder I should put these files in, or a different way to install?
Look better there must be that folder.
Look in /lib not in /usr/lib

mscon

Vu+ Newbie
copy all the files in

How to copy the files,where to save the files ?
Thanks

Tamaki

Administrator
copy all the files in

How to copy the files,where to save the files ?
Thanks
You have to use a ftp program (i use mucommander) and you can save a backup copy of old files in your pc.

mscon

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks a lot,
another question:to update VU+ using USB drive you put the files in created folder VUplus>created folder UNO>files, do I have to transfer the main folder VUplus to the UB drive?eller open the folder >VUplus>UNO>files? I hope you understand me.

Tamaki

Administrator
Thanks a lot,
another question:to update VU+ using USB drive you put the files in created folder VUplus>created folder UNO>files, do I have to transfer the main folder VUplus to the UB drive?eller open the folder >VUplus>UNO>files? I hope you understand me.
You have to transfer the main folder VUplus to the USB drive.

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
For the new kernel there are some small changes.

How to upgrade

/lib/modules/3.1.1/extra

/lib/modules/3.1.1/extra
and replace old drivers.

/lib/modules/3.1.1/extra

younes-o2

Vu+ User
I have injected vuplus-dvb-modules-vusolo-3.1.1-4.4.3-20111222 . My vu solo does not reboot. Help me please. Excuse me for my bad english.

Tamaki

Administrator
For the new kernel there are some small changes.

How to upgrade

/lib/modules/3.1.1/extra

/lib/modules/3.1.1/extra
and replace old drivers.

/lib/modules/3.1.1/extra
Added to first post ;)

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
For now reflash your image and do not update the drivers, very soon my friend will release an update of Vu Control Center which will enable you to update modules with 3.1.1 images.