How to remote setting the timer

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I have a Duo2 receiver which runs BlockHole 3.0.1C. Is there any way to set the timer from a remote place?

Via OpenWebIf
Thanks @angelofsky1980 for the information. Do you mean if I use an internet browser remote login my box (assume I have done the port forwarding), I will have a menue to set the timer? If my box is in deep standby, can I still be able to login? It would be very appreciated if you could write a few lines How to do this.

Once logged in, with openwebif, you will see that you have full control, even a fully functional remote control, so you can switch the receiver on, from standby, view channels, and even enter the menu, to set the timer, and do the same as if you were sat in front of your receiver.

Once logged in, with openwebif, you will see that you have full control, even a fully functional remote control, so you can switch the receiver on, from standby, view channels, and even enter the menu, to set the timer, and do the same as if you were sat in front of your receiver.
Thank @Mick12334 , I will try it.

Hi, @Mick12334
I may need your more help with the openwebif. I have just try from my IE to login my receiver (which is on deep standby), but I cannot wakeup the receiver. Is there anything I should set before to use the openwebif? I have used it for set the LCD4Linux a few years ago. I almost forget all. would you please help me with this issue?

Providing the receiver is on standby, and not turned off, at the rear, or at the plug, then just by switching it on, moving the icon, top right, from red, to green, by sliding it across.
openwebif.jpg

Providing the receiver is on standby, and not turned off, at the rear, or at the plug, then just by switching it on, moving the icon, top right, from red, to green, by sliding it across.
View attachment 25779
Thank s for your replay. My receiver is on deep standby (with a white light), but not standby (with a dim lcd screen). when I login my receiver, the login procedure does not activate the receiver (i have not got the screen you shown above yet). I am sure the webif plugin has been installed (I believe it is installed by default), I will check whether the webif has any setting tonight. I will leave the receiver on and try to see what I can got. Thanks again.

Try downloading the VU+ Control Centre, which has the web control feature:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vucc-vu-control-centre-v0-8.4589/
Thank you very much for your kind help. I tried the webif last night. The results are, 1. I can login the receiver and access the webif without any problem IF the receiver is either ON or Standby. If the receiver is on deep standby, I did not find a way to wakeup the receiver. I am not sure whether we have a method to wakeup the receiver from deep standby. I will certainly download the Vu+ control centre to explore it. If I cannot find the method wakeup the receiver from deep standby, I may set a daily wakeup windows (using the internal timer) and remote access it in the window active period.
Thanks again.

By clicking the particular mode you'll get setting display in your LED/LCD and there you can set the timings according to your requirement.

Back