How to store channel after fine tune

David g

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I have relocated my dish and am finding on most channels i have no signal and have to go into set up /search and fine tune my channels WEST to get a good signal ,but when i click green button to store it does not seem to do this . When i exit and look for channels its back at original low signal .!!Limits dont seem to work either
How do you store these please ??
I set it up on Thor 0.8 w with a very good signal , but when it travels i loose satts . The bracket looked very plumb .

I have a solo 2 and am using USAls

many thanks if you try to help

Dave

USALS will not work like that. USALS will travel to the degrees the sateliite is listed as being at.

What works for me is to use USALS to get close, then fine tune, and save the position as a diseqc 1.2 position. Then you will need to go into antenna setup or Tuner Configuration and change from USALS to diseqc 1.2, then enter the stored position for the satellite.

The only way I found to do this only using USALS is to change the degrees of the satellite, but doing that will cause channel list issues. Selecting a diseqc 1.2 position is the simplest way to fine tune that I know of.

You can also alter your Longitude setting, in the motor setup, to compensate for not aligning your dish correctly.
Usals should be easy to set up as you're using your Latitude, and Longitude, once entered into your reeiver you send the motor, and dish, to the satellite you want to use, like 0.8W, then physically move the dish to get the strongest signal.
Positive Longitude readings = East negative = West, check dishpointer.com for your latitude, and longitude, readings.

Hi
I have relocated my dish and am finding on most channels i have no signal and have to go into set up /search and fine tune my channels WEST to get a good signal ,but when i click green button to store it does not seem to do this . When i exit and look for channels its back at original low signal .!!Limits dont seem to work either
How do you store these please ??
I set it up on Thor 0.8 w with a very good signal , but when it travels i loose satts . The bracket looked very plumb .

I have a solo 2 and am using USAls

many thanks if you try to help

Dave

Have you tried BH settings /Online Feeds Settings update?!

i have realigned bracket and got decent quality and signal on 0.8 w (south) I then scanned channels using manual scan with single satelitte enabled from 0.8 to 28.2 east , it picked up lots of channels and downloaded them but not alot of them play??? 28.2 e has good sig and quality according to meter but many dont play . .. Opposite direction I managed to get stations up to 5w but no further.
Why does it find loads of stations and stores them but alot dont work
Confused please try and help

Thanks

dave

Possibly because they are encrypted channels, try checking lyngsat.com and scanning in FTA, Free to Air, channels, for each satellite, between 0.8W and upto 28.2E, you should at least be able to find 5E, 13E, 16E, 19.2E 23.5E, and 28.2E.
It would help if you mention your general location and the size of your dish.
When setting up a motor, using Usals, you zero the motor, and dish, then enter your latitude, and longitude, into the receiver, send the motor/dish, to a suitable satellite, like 0.8W, physically adjust it, to get the strongest signal, tighten everything up, then check the other satellites, East, and West.

Back