How to unlock Vu remote control

pc2002

Vu+ Newbie
in order to operate two Vu receivers in one room two things are needed, the first is a multi remote control plugin for the receiver and the second is to unlock the remote control. my question is how to unlock the Vu remote control.

Matrix10

Administrator
in order to operate two Vu receivers in one room two things are needed, the first is a multi remote control plugin for the receiver and the second is to unlock the remote control. my question is how to unlock the Vu remote control.

If you have universal remote

You can change the system code of your Vu+ universal remote according to the Vu+ model that you want to control.

Mode1: Duo/Solo
Mode2: Uno/Duo2/Solo2
Mode3&4: For future usages

Press <<2+7>>, <Help>, <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>

1. Press 2 and 7 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press Help
3. Press 0001 for mode 1, 0002 for mode 2.

Last edited:

pc2002

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks a lot for the fast reply

I don't have a universal remote. I have the remote control control which came with the receiver.

Matrix10

Administrator
If you have a VU Uno remote
then it have to be a universal remote.
VU duo remote is not universal remote but you can use with VUUno
code 1 in Remote Control System code plugin.
VUuno remote standard is code 2 / Mode 2 but you can change if you like and you have this remote.
So with VU Uno universal remote you can control VUuno and Duo
and two VUuno receivers in the same room.

For other options I do not know.

ikklepaul

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, i've got a similar issue. I've got two vu boxes a vu+ duo and a vu+ solo2 in the same room

Ive managed to get the Universal Vu Solo+ Remote to work with my telly by changing the code to 2448

Ive also made sure the solo 2 remote is set on mode 2 which is meant to be the default as per the manual.

Mode 1 : SOLO / DUO
Mode 2 : UNO / Ultimo / SOLO2 / DUO2
Mode 3 & 4 : reserved for future models.

Press <<2 + 7>>, <HELP>, <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>

The issue I'm having is that when i use the remote its changing channels on both boxes.

Is it possible to have the solo 2 remote just control that box and the original duo remote control just control the duo.

Any help would be appreciated

ikklepaul

Vu+ Newbie
Update, if I set the mode to 1 it will just control the duo.

If however I set it to mode 2 it seems to control both boxes.

I'm running the latest blackhole 1.7.9-3 if that makes any difference