How to use "Edit Bouquet" mode?

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
I believe since 1.7. x releases the pop-up for editing has been changed.
In the past a 'Move Mode" was avaialble, which I did use regularly.
It was easy to use as the highlighted entry could be moved within the bouquet using the naviagation controls followed by pressing OK.

Now this option is gone and replaced by an "Edit Mode". This apparently now works over multiple bouquets? I am able to highlight items but next I am totally lost how to do something with it.
Can somebody explain what the options are and via which buttons they work? The help button does nothing here!

Please don't tell me to use a PC based tool to do the job. I know they do exist and now use them as a bypass. For just moving a single new preset to the right location the remote control was much more user friendly.

a911

The BH Lover
I believe since 1.7. x releases the pop-up for editing has been changed.
In the past a 'Move Mode" was avaialble, which I did use regularly.
It was easy to use as the highlighted entry could be moved within the bouquet using the naviagation controls followed by pressing OK.

Now this option is gone and replaced by an "Edit Mode". This apparently now works over multiple bouquets? I am able to highlight items but next I am totally lost how to do something with it.
Can somebody explain what the options are and via which buttons they work? The help button does nothing here!

Please don't tell me to use a PC based tool to do the job. I know they do exist and now use them as a bypass. For just moving a single new preset to the right location the remote control was much more user friendly.

Install the Plug in >Start Up Services.....then after the E2 (GUI) reboot,,,,press Menu ( while you are at Channel Selection TV )
a list of editing functions will show!

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Install the Plug in >Start Up Services.....then after the E2 (GUI) reboot,,,,press Menu ( while you are at Channel Selection TV )
a list of editing functions will show!

Thanks for this answer but it is not what I am looking for. This plugin just added a new option to define a default Channel at setup time. No help provided by it for editing.

I will be more precise.
- I go to "Channel Selection" (up-arrow pressed)
- I go the "Channellist menu" (menu pressed)
- I go to "enable bouquet edit " (used to be "Move Channel mode") and press OK
Now I am totally lost how to do what using which keys?

I just want to move individual Channel entries within the currently selected Bouquet.
This used to work very easy.

niglou

BH Lover
on BH 1.7.5

Up arrow
menu -> channellist menu
5 th line : "Activate moving mode"
OK
Then OK on the channel you want to move (becomes red)
then Up or down arrow up to the right place
Then OK
Menu
Deactivate move

Finished ;)

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Which release have you installed? I'm using 1.7.2 and move option is working as you explained.

Indeed I should have mentioned it: I am using BH 1.7.3 which I needed for the improved HDMI-CEC support.
Was waiting for the next official release for the next upgrade. Will now move to BH 1.7.5 and report the result again.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Still does not work for me after upgrading to BH 1.7.5

BH Channellist menu (has following entries)
- add service to bouguet
- remove entry
- Activate Picture in Picture
- add marker
- enable bouquet edit
- back

So my 5th entry is "enable bouquet edit"and not "Activate moving mode" as I would like and saw on earlier releases.

When i press OK on 'enable bouquet mode' it brings me to te services overview of the first satellite.
I can go from there to any overview and pressing OK will highlight that entry . Going to another entry will highlight that one too. Pressing OK multiple times on the same entry will toggle highlight to red on/off. No way to do anything else with one or more highlighted entries. Entries in the original boukuet where MENU was pressed are ALL highlighted.

niglou

BH Lover
Forgot to say I use "Eclipse" skin from Matrix10...... May be this function is not implemented in the default skin....

Just try to download Eclipse skin (with green button) ;)

a911

The BH Lover
Forgot to say I use "Eclipse" skin from Matrix10...... May be this function is not implemented in the default skin....

Just try to download Eclipse skin (with green button) ;)

All skins have this functions if U download the plug-in: Startup Up Services , when U at channel list (@favorite's channel list)!

a911

The BH Lover
Strange..as I did not download such plugin...... I will test with other skins to see.
Changing the skin will not solve your proplem , DL the plug in and when you are at your favorite's channel list press menu!

niglou

BH Lover
So I made some tests....

The "move channel" function only appears if you are already in a FAVOURITE folder. No need to download anything else.

With default skin

channellist menu army default.jpg

I you are on main list (up arrow then red button) : Few options are now available.

channel list menu all.jpg

So the problem of our friend Nice Monkey is he probably does not have any favourite list...... So better use Dreamset or the like , or use already made settings to solve his problem.

a911

The BH Lover
Very intersting point of view..:victory:...Mr. niglou!
I always have a favorite list( was done more than 2years a go... :lamo:) !
That's why I never seen your good observation,,,, thanx mate for the test and clearing the issue!

RgdZ
a911

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Thanks everybody for testing and thinking along. I do appreciate it.

I still did not find the root cause but solved the problem by a full recreation of all my Favourite Bouquets.
I am and always have been using many Favourites: Dutch, English, Spanish, German, Sports, Music etc.
In fact this capability was an important reason to by a VU+.

For one or another reason there is something in my old favourite bouquets which causes the Channel List Menu to be crippled.
It moved along with the upgrade to BH1.7.5. Also when just restoring bouquets only after an install which I tried too.
By completely recreating them again (with help using Dreamboxedit) the problem was gone and the full menu became available again.
It also solved an obscure problem with one channel being "TV Galicia" as a side effect. Will update that report too.
I have the illusion that also the change of channels is now slightly faster?

niglou

BH Lover
"I have the illusion that also the change of channels is now slightly faster? "

No it is not an illusion : If in your favourite list you have the SID (your channel) matching with the right frequency of this SID, zapping will be very fast.
If the SID has changed frequency, provided you make a new scan, the right frequency will be present only in the main list, but no more in your favourite list; then the program will have to search the right frequency, so zapping will be more slow.

It is important to make new settings from scratch from time to time to keep zapping speed at the top. ;)