Howto Backup Settings ?

Dani

Vu+ Newbie
i cant believe because of the 1o minute post edit rule i just lost all that typing!!!!

anyway.... here goes again.

Hi, it over write the old.
When i do it, it make a separate backup in a folder each time, folder named with date and time of backup.

path: media/usb/fullbackup_ultimo/

In there, i find separate folders labeled with a date and time

in those i get vuplus/ultimo/
Then 2 files: kernal_cfe_auto.bin and root_cfe_jauto.jiffs2

My question is, how can i select a particular Backup to Restore?

Dani

Vu+ Newbie
Any idea how i should/can choose any of these BackUps to Restore?
Can it be done via the remote?
Or should i just Copy the BackUp i wish to Reinstall on to a new USB stick, then USB firmware update as per normal?

a911

The BH Lover
Any idea how i should/can choose any of these BackUps to Restore?
Can it be done via the remote?
Or should i just Copy the BackUp i wish to Reinstall on to a new USB stick, then USB firmware update as per normal?

Yes it could be done with RC!
U have 2 choices!
1-a BH Personal Backup,,,this one is the best,,,from this backup U can choose what to you like to restore,,,or
1-b Make a full BH backup and store it on a USB stick, but remove after the BKup is completed!
2- Settings backup, thru Software Management,,Here U can choose what files to backup!

Dani

Vu+ Newbie
1. I thought Personal BackUp was just your personal settings, like bouquet, channel scans, tuner set ups, etc (i have used it to over lay in a new image)

2. Settings / BackUp / Software Management / ....... I have been in here, but thought it was more wanting to make a BackUp, not look for a file to Restore.

Am i doing something wrong?
Thanks a911, appreciate your posts ;)