HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

AlexWilMac

Do you know what a FULL backup does? It reflashes with exactly the same situation you had at the moment you created this fullbackup. So, everything goes back. So, reflashing from scratch and then reflashing by a fullbackup is useless.
If, instead, you did not mean the FULL Backup but the Personal Backup (settings, plugins, and customizations), nobody recommends to use it: there are always problems.
What you can save by your PC or simply by the OpenWebInterface, are the channels. There is also a way to save the tuners' configuration but it's a bit complicated. Much easier is to take note of it and redo from scratch.
Is not even clear where did you downloaded the BH307 from: you wrote from "cupluc homepage". Probably you meant vuplus homepage?
If so, they don't provide with the BH but with the original VUplus image. Only from this our forum you are sure to find the original BH and OBH images, one for each VU+ model.

ArtursPlits

Vu+ Newbie
I DONT GET IT!!! What is happening? I just flashed my tuner with OpenPLI 6.2. Everything's working. I even initialized and mounted my HDD and after restart my box loaded. I made deep shutdown - all is working!!! Why I have problems with Black Hole?

trimix

Vu+ Newbie
is it possibel there is no image black hole for the vu solo 4K ? or what iam doing wrong ? open pli does install

AlexWilMac

???? Explain what you mean: are you talking about images or about updates?
If about updates, what image and version do you have at the moment. If you don't have the BH308c you won't have any updates: once a new upgrade of version is released, there is no update for the previous ones.

nunigaia

farineh

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
i have a VU+Duo2 device , when i install Open Black Hole 5.0, The device dose not install the Plug-in, even when restoring backup from the HDD,i encounter an error,please tell me where the problem is? I was not sucssful even after installing the factory firmware !
Thank you

Mick12334

Which plugin?
Did you read the OpenBh 5.0 information?
OpenBh 5.0 uses python 3, so older plugins, that haven't been updated, might no longer work.