gordon werrell

Vu+ Newbie
I have just bought a vusolo+2 it has a vix image installed, I have been trying for hours to load a black hole image so I can use meoboot but every time I put the usb stick in to flash the image it says it is flashing and also says complete but when I reboot the image is the same one as I started with. I have tried a couple of sticks but the same thing happens

Can you please confirm which VU+ receiver you have, is it the VU+ Solo 2?
Are you trying to load the latest Black Hole 2.15?
have you checked to see if your VU+ receiver is genuine, and not a clone?

thanks for quick reply, can confirm the receiveris a VU+solo 2, I have tried to load blackhole 2.1.0 and 2.1.2.. the receiver has all the hallmarks that it is not a clone. I bought from a reputable dealer namely RED APLE Iin kent formerly SOUTHERN SATELITE. I could be going wrong on the extracting part

It's quite easy, to load the image.
First download, and unzip, the Black Hole image you want, for the VU+ Solo 2. You will then have a folder labelled vuplus. This you load onto your USB stick.
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-solo2-black-hole-images.78/
Ensure your USB stick is formatted to FAT 32, using your PC, then copy the vuplus folder onto your USB stick.

Once done take the USB stick to your receiver.
Turn the receiver off, using the switch at the back.
Insert the USB stick into the receivers front USB port.
Power on the receiver, using the switch at the rear, then press the blue circle (Power On) button, on your reeiver, and the image should load.

If it still doesn't work please post back.

thanks for all the help, I have now got it up and running,i tried flashing it with the original image and it worked ,then tried a black hole image and it went in with no probs. realy thought I had knackered it . all good now ,thanks again

Back