In a hole.

p4uly

Vu+ Newbie
hi guys - little help required. i have had an original vu solo 2 for over a year, running vix.
friday my local isp decided to pull the plug on me and thousands more without warning, so now it will be two to three weeks before i get the service back.
i have purchased a mobile 4g wifi adapter and sim card, which i am using now. also a tp link wdn3200 usb wifi adapter to use on my solo2 but this is not seen by my box.
time for a fresh install of blackhole, upload wifi drivers and hoping all will be well but i've now realised i won't be able to connect my laptop to my solo2 because vucc needs an ip address and without an isp i don't have one.
any help please and sorry for the long post.

Can't you just update the drivers in VIX, until your new ISP is connected? Otherwise you might need confirmation that the tp link wdn3200 usb wifi adapter drivers are included in the latest Black Hole, or another way to add them.
Do you have any friends/family with a router, so that you can take your receiver to their house, and your laptop, connect the receiver, to their router, then login and upload the drivers, to get your WiFi working? It should only take a few minutes.

Thanks mick for taking time to reply.
My main problem is not being able to connect my laptop to my solo, so cannot update vix and no online update possible because I've no ISP.
I've read that black hole have a driver package that would get my WiFi usb stick working.
Thought about using a mates router but was hoping for an easier solution.
Thanks again mate.

At least you don't need a satellite dish, to connect your receiver, to your laptop, using a router, so in theory you could use anyones, even at work, just to get the drivers loaded onto your receiver, to get it working.
The problem is that only by someone owning, and testing, the same model usb wifi adapter, and the latest black hole, can you be sure that the drivers are included, and work.
Can you borrow any other USB Wi Fi adapters, to test on your VU+, to see if they work?

I've a mate at work who has a couple of USB WiFi sticks he's not using, will try them tomorrow night, might get lucky.
I should maybe find out what sticks will work with my current set up and invest in one.

Back